Is Canada done for Germany 2006?

Timotas

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

There are two messages to be sent - one to Concacaf/Fifa, another to the team, players, fans and country. The former message you have already indicated. The latter is that we aren't a bunch of quitters and we don't give up even when we get screwed. That's the attitude I expect to see from any Canadian team, never say die.

And has FIFA,CONCACAF,CSA heard your message ? If so, then what have they done to remedy the situation ? What you are saying is the status quo is fine and Canada will continue to screwed because we don't have the balls to take the bold action that is required.

That is simply unacceptable !

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Fury, how can sending a U20 squad be better? It's the CSA's job to file protests,

it's the MNT's job to play their best, and it's our perrogative to think positively.

Yes, "it's the CSA's job to file a protest." And what did you have in mind ? The same administrative sh*t that we always file ? Has that ever made a difference ? That is requesting the status-quo and the status-quo is unacceptable ! Why should we play with such a disgraceful handicap !

If we don't take it serious, then why should FIFA & CONCACAF ?

Why doesn't the CSA request officiating from another region ?! Was that not done for one of our past matches vs Mexico ? There is the precedent, and FIFA agreed, so obviously there is recognition that our officiating is crap !

I can't see how any Canadian fan is prepared to swallow this rubbish with a grin.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

And has FIFA,CONCACAF,CSA heard your message ? If so, then what have they done to remedy the situation ? What you are saying is the status quo is fine and Canada will continue to screwed because we don't have the balls to take the bold action that is required.

Bold action required to achieve what, precisely? Elimination from the 2006 World Cup?

As for your suggestion that I am happy with the "status quo" that isn't what I'm saying at all - in fact I have no idea how you can have even interpreted that from my posts. Why don't you try calming down and actually reading what I have typed?

Well. What we saw was criminal and its difficult to come up with the right adjectives to properly describe. I saw a quote from Watson in the papers this mornning that stood out in my mind, he stated that had this happened in central america, there would have been a riot. I have to agree with him and it brings to light one of the biggest problems we have when international soccer games are played in Canada.

We are just not able to create that hostile envirnonment that prevents these kind of things from happenning. All the regulars here ( from all parts of the country )are definitely committed to the cause equally. But just like Kington, when you turn around and look up in the other parts of the stadium, you don't see the same level of emotional involvement. Hence corrupt ref can get away with these kind of things. Until we have an environment that creates the desired psychological influence on the ref, more of these things will happens. We are further hindered by the fact that we cannot get more than 9000 and change to these games and that and very noticeable portion are supporters of the of the opposition.

The CSA / ASA doesn't help when they put the Honduran supporters side by side with our section. And the idiot law enforcement official spends all her time keeping an eye on us rather than Honduran section. Her attitude being that its the canadian contingent where the concern is rather Hondurans who might have been larger.

Hate to break it to you, but Canada has already been eliminated. It's nothing but a mathematical formality at this point.

"Bold action to achieve what ?" How about creating a level playing field so that Canada isn't continually screwed by corrupt officiating. How about drawing attention to the continuos crap conditions that Canada must play under.

Do you think CONCACAF and FIFA are simply going to agree that the officiating is corrupt without having their hand forced ?

How do you propose creating positive change ? By acting like nothing happened and finishing in fourth ? That will really bring on positive change !

I think that the CSA should request an investigation. Especially now that I recall that in the months following the qualifing in the last hex competitions, there were stories about how the Hondurans threw their game versus Mexico thus helping the mexicans go through. Yet yesterday, where was the ref from?

Maybe its nothing more conspiracies theories coming out from frustation and dissapointment. But when was the last time that we ever saw these kind of call go against a local side in WCQ qualifying. OK, you might see this against the visiting teams regularly. But against the locals? I cannot think of any pecedents.

We're still in it. Costa Rica looks pretty whipped now though. I hope it will come down to the Guatemala match. It's a pretty likely scenario. We saw what the boys are capable of in Edmonton and they are only going to get stronger. Referees aside, the other advantage that every other nation in our group has is prep time. These teams have played together quite often leading up to WCQ. We're going through it during WCQ. It seems we're still learning how best to play with one another. It's coming and against Hoduras, it looks real close.

We're still in it. Costa Rica looks pretty whipped now though. I hope it will come down to the Guatemala match. It's a pretty likely scenario. We saw what the boys are capable of in Edmonton and they are only going to get stronger. Referees aside, the other advantage that every other nation in our group has is prep time. These teams have played together quite often leading up to WCQ. We're going through it during WCQ. It seems we're still learning how best to play with one another. It's coming and against Hoduras, it looks real close.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Hate to break it to you, but Canada has already been eliminated. It's nothing but a mathematical formality at this point.

I respectvully disagree with that. Until we are mathematically eliminated I still have hope!

I was at the game, and really enjoyed it. Obviously, the phantom foul that negated the last goal was really disappointing. However, I was really impressed by the way Canada moved the ball around. I thought that Canada looked really good. Both sides had some good chances. However, there is always some amount of luck involved. We played well but we also could have lost. Honduras should have scored in the first half. I hope we keep playing well. So long as we continue to play well, it would NOT be a miracle for us to win the next 4 games. Unlikely, but not impossible!!! Don't give up yet!!!!

Archived