Is Canada done for Germany 2006?

Timotas

Hell no, I know this complete bull**** about the ****ing dirty Mexician ref, but like Lilloco said, we aren't the first team to be robbed of a victory. We have to think of the positives, like... we played so much better than the strongest team in our group. Remember the mood after the Guatemalla game? It was horrible because we truly saw our boys play like SH!T. Atleast we can come out of this knowing we can beat any team in this group. I truly believe out of the next 4 games we have, we can pull out 3 out of 4 victories. I know its hard to be positive with such a negative vibe right now, but we need to try. For those who doubted our boys, that we'd be murdered by Honduras, well... tonight we played like the real Canada can, the way the real Canada should.

For those who wants us to pull out? Well we might as well not even have a National Team, because we will be banned by FIFA.

We are not done for Germany 2006, we are not. We'll slaughter Costa Rica in San Jose and we'll be the team after this round that everyone says, "Slow start... but they pulled through in the end". We can do this boys, tonight we showed it, even though we were ****ing robbed by a dirty mexician, still have hope. Please!

The way Canada played today they can beat anybody in the CONCACAF...if you guys go to Honduran forums you will see that a lot of people are giving Canada their propers, cause Canada deserves it...Costa Rica has shown that they can be beat at home and Honduras sucks at home, so dont pull out now..the game aint over till its over..as Long as Canada plays like they did today, they can do the impossible...

It can be done. We have played better with every successive half in this round, and I hope to see that trend continue. We have to use the rightous anger of getting jobbed badly to our benefit and come out beat Costa Rica. We have to win 3 out of 4 to have a realistic shot, and Honduras, Costa Rica and Guatemala have all proven capable of losing at home over the years.

The difficulty will be having any players left by the 4th match after the way the cards were flying all over the place and somehow petitioning Concacaf to allow Refs from UEFA to Ref our games. Hell, I'll even take Markus Merk!

Well..I would say no...If Honduras is the class of this group, they sure looked beatable today..and really, with a group this even, anything could happen..It sure would have been nice to have the three points, but we still have a shot, eventhough it's a long shot.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It can be done. We have played better with every successive half in this round, and I hope to see that trend continue. We have to use the rightous anger of getting jobbed badly to our benefit and come out beat Costa Rica. We have to win 3 out of 4 to have a realistic shot, and Honduras, Costa Rica and Guatemala have all proven capable of losing at home over the years.

The difficulty will be having any players left by the 4th match after the way the cards were flying all over the place and somehow petitioning Concacaf to allow Refs from UEFA to Ref our games. Hell, I'll even take Markus Merk!

Great points, this is the kinda attitude Canadian suppourters need. Not ones saying we're done and we should pull out... thats the easy way out.

If the Ticos lose or draw today they're in as much trouble as we are. They're going to be nervy and ripe for the picking so I feel pretty good about a result in CR. It has to be a win though, just like yesterday, and we didn't get that.

As dodgy as the ref'ing was last night it realy didn't get highlighted until that last 10 minutes or so, when it went into time to earn my bribe money mode. Do you think it'll get any better in Costa Rica?? With the group favorites in the **** heap? I dought it.

I guess the encouraging part is the team looked like a team again last night. And they did it without Diesel even on the pitch in his usual commanding style. Well, he's going back to Germany and JDVs going back to England and I don't like it one bit. But boy we got a hint of what these guys could be given a bit of time and a kick in the arse.

Think we'll be okay for now IF we don't get cheated again. It'll all be over this week if we don't win on the road and who was expecting that when the schedule was released with our 1st two matchs at home?

We're on life support in an emergency ward hallway. Bleeding and ignored. But we ain't dead yet.

You guys are dreaming !

If we snd our D-squad, how can FIFA penalize us ?

CONCACAF corruption just cost Canada a potential trip to the World Cup and a message needs to be sent both for our current dquad and all our future teams.

Filing a protest against the ref accomplishes NOTHING ! Who cares if he ever ref's again. His pocket has been lined and Canada is finished.

How can the CSA in good conscience sell tickets to the public for such a complete farce !

I wouldn't say it was the worst call ever. The call against Trinidad four years ago when the ref decided that a clear penalty was a free kick, was just about as bad, especially since T&T scored a goal when the ball bounced back and Yorke got a hold of it.

I know most people are pissed off, but although this region has a crappy record of officiating, there are hundreds of bad calls in soccer and I would say that 90% of them are just mistakes more so than corruption on the ref part. I think one thing that FIFA can do is to introduce video replays for all men's World Cup qualifying and World Cup games. They make enough money to be able to sponsor this for all the world cup qualifying and final games that happen.

There are two messages to be sent - one to Concacaf/Fifa, another to the team, players, fans and country. The former message you have already indicated. The latter is that we aren't a bunch of quitters and we don't give up even when we get screwed. That's the attitude I expect to see from any Canadian team, never say die.

Fury, how can sending a U20 squad be better? It's the CSA's job to file protests,

it's the MNT's job to play their best, and it's our perrogative to think positively.

And yes, for all those who think otherwise, there's always the other Team Canada

for you to cheer on. I'm saying this respectfully and in consideration of how you feel.

Archived