As a Honduran...

Lilloco

I also want to say that Canada showed balls..damn those last minutes of the game was all heart...you cant teach that!! Honduras could have closed out that game in the first half, but then were givin a lesson on tenasity in the second...if Canada plays like that again, they can really win in Central America...sorry about that call though, that was really bad...

Everybody should send emails to FIFA and CONCACAF in hopes of someday getting things corrected!

To all CONCACAF Members,

Your Mexican picked ref just robbed Canada of 3 points!

How do you explain that! you guys suck and you wonder why

nobody watches soccer in Canada in the USA.

You need to get your head examined if you need proof ive got

lots of video of two blown calls in the last minutes that cost

canada the game.

You guys suck!

You guys can claim how its all the ref's discretion but he showed

contempt for the home team the whole game! You guys hand pick refs

so that **** ass countries can get wins against Canada and the USA.

Why does canada not get American refs, because you guys suck!

I can't say how bad you guys are!

Im emailing this to FIFA, I hope you guys all get fired you nut cases!

This is the biggest joke in the world of sport!

CONCACAF is the laughing stock of the world!

Screw all you guys!

Regards,

Jeff Miller

Vancouver, Canada

My thing is.....i almost never blame refs for losing games.....but this is terrible.....the pk was a ****ty call but jazic shouldnt have put it in that situation.....but that dive in the honduran box by that gut-less asshole was just dispicable.....

Lesson 1 of why soccer is a complete joke: Watch (insert that honduran's name here) near the end of a tied game

Lesson 2: Benito Archundia Tellez

quote:Originally posted by kokanne

You guys hand pick refs

so that **** ass countries can get wins against Canada and the USA.

I'm guessing your calling Honduras a "**** ass" country..Now thats just ignorant..

I can understand the anger because it was a terrible call but do you really think Honduras pulls that much weight in CONCACAF???

My anger is not about Honduras, the ref in the Belize series was screw ass as well, he gave Hume a Red Card for something the Belize player did to Hume! But I can't say enough about the Honduras players crying like a baby when they arn't even touched!

Sorry that you think I hate Honduras, but come on they wine'd like babies on the two calls and the Mexican suck ass called it twice.

Soccer sucks because of players like that and officials like that!

Im down with Canada pulling out competely in protest!

Oh and ever since I watched Canada's National team every suck ass ref favoured all Central American and Caribbean teams regardless!

quote:Originally posted by Lilloco

I'm guessing your calling Honduras a "**** ass" country..Now thats just ignorant..

I can understand the anger because it was a terrible call but do you really think Honduras pulls that much weight in CONCACAF???

Most of us on this board would not share in that ignorance.

All we ask for is a FAIR game and this was the worse I've seen.

TWICE. Even with the PK, it should have been 2-1.

As for Honduras having pull, well they have more than the CSA

if they don't file some protest. They're puss*es.

Its all good..but dont think Canada is the only one to lose unfairly because of bad calls..I can name you many examples of calls that have kicked out Honduras of major tournaments (including a non-existant penalty like this one)

Regarding the players falling down..hey it all comes from the Argentinian game we try to emulate (to bad this is the only part we get right)..its true players do that and i dont think that will change anytime soon...

That is why I suggested in another thread that Canada should have friendlies in South America to get used to these things, cause unless your playing Italy, you will never see it in Europe...

We are use to it, its just a shame that it keeps happening and the refs call this against us!

In UEFA they are handing out red cards to players for dives like that now! Why doesn't that happen in CONCACAF!

Heck your player on our winning goal didn't even get touched yet he had to go off in a strecher! Thats a joke and use shouldn't condone that no matter what!

As far as playing South American teams! thats also a joke, we should start playing home games in Europe!

Canada should pull out because this is a farce!

CONCACAF should start firing officials and giving red cards to players for diving!

Also there should be video replay for officials on calls that can change the game!

I don't care about plain calls in the field! But these were game altering calls and that is just shamefull!

Its all good..but dont think Canada is the only one to lose unfairly because of bad calls..I can name you many examples of calls that have kicked out Honduras of major tournaments (including a non-existant penalty like this one)

I believe you. People who think this is something against Canada are just as bad as the Italians they were criticizing earlier this summer.

Problem is, we only get to see games that Canada plays. But I'm sure that these referees screw up just as badly in other games (international or club).

quote:Originally posted by DJT

People who think this is something against Canada are just as bad as the Italians they were criticizing earlier this summer.

I ahve to agree. And that doesn't mean we shouldn't take a stand. Someone has to start fighting for accountability sometime. I say, why not us?!

I dont condone it, i'm just explaining it..I'll give you an example. years ago someone (a European) asked Maradona about the "hand of God" goal (this was when he finally accepted that he used his hand)..and he said (I am paraphrasing so its not the word by word account), only a Latino could have scored that goal because we dont learn to play this game in country clubs like you do, we learn to play on the street where its survival of the fittest, smartest and trickiest..some of the most presure filled games I ever played were on the streets and we used anything we could to win"..Like I said I am not condoning it but trying to explain it...

BTW Like I said, that penalty was fabricated...but regarding the second goal, was I the only one who heard the whistle blow before he shot? just a question....

That is why I suggested in another thread that Canada should have friendlies in South America to get used to these things, cause unless your playing Italy, you will never see it in Europe...

This is an excellent suggestion. We definitely need central and south american friendlies.

Your restraint and honesty are appreciated. I don't blame Honduras for this (any more than I blame Guatemala in the last match). I blame the ref and only the ref in this situation. But I think your point -- that Canada has to start playing the game that they need to play -- is well taken.

Archived