C.S.A. = J.O.K.E.

The CSA just makes it TOO easy to complain about them. If they only tried to make some good decisions then maybe people would ease off. We have all read in posts how the CSA is not only clueless and inept but check this out.

www.canadasoccer.com

We are hours away from what is most likely Canada's biggest match in years - a must win home qualifier. So to build interest and to inform the public, and to whip them into a frenzy and sell tickets at Commonwealth Stadium they have as their cover story:

Friday, September 03, 2004

Women's Under-15 Team

Robinson Dominates In 5-1 Win Over Germany

Jodi-Ann Robinson - 3 Goals

Charlottetown, PEI ? Canada?s Women?s Under-15 Team defeated Germany 5-1 on Friday.....blah, blah, blah......

Great for the girls to achieve this, but truly, apart from family and friends who cares?? Bury this story somewhere else. Put the W.C. teams' stories front and centre.

Can you imagine going to TheFA.com and seeing this type of story with no mention of England's qualifier against Austria? Heads would roll. Their appears to be no accountability within the CSA.

Only a website you ask?

This is supposed to be the official site of the CSA. If the general public can't get informed there where are you to find out what is happening. (I'm not talking people in here, but the general public).

They also have in their Upcoming Events section these three events:

1) Women's U-19 CONCACAF Qualification tournament

May 28 ? June 6, 2004 - Montreal/Ottawa

2) Men's World Cup vs. Wales

International Friendly

The Canadian Men?s World Cup Team will play an international friendly against Wales in Wrexham, Wales on Sunday, May 30, 2004.

Tickets are available by contacting:

Lucy Jones

Ticket Office

FAW

Email: ljones@faw.co.uk

Tel: +442920 663908.

3) Men's World Cup vs. Belize

World Cup Qualifying

Game 1 - Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 4:30 p.m.

Game 2 - Wednesday, June 16, 2004 at 7:30 p.m.

The Wales FA must have done everything for them to have that kind of detail for tickets (their FA cares, as opposed to ours). So our FA (CSA) have outdated info and NO MENTION of today's game or even the Guatemala game!

Great job CSA. I shouldn't be that hard on them. They will probably update the cover story in the next few hours on how our under 10 girls team is faring.

Sadly the joke covers every area they touch: the management and board, misdiagnosing injuries, putting our W.C. men in sardine can flights in and out of Canada, the website, the National Stadium, ticket sales and promotions.......the joke continues.

They probably flew the under 15's first class to Charlottetown, while booking our European pros back in coach-standby.

quote:

www.canadasoccer.com

We are hours away from what is most likely Canada's biggest match in years - a must win home qualifier. So to build interest and to inform the public, and to whip them into a frenzy and sell tickets at Commonwealth Stadium they have as their cover story:

Friday, September 03, 2004

Women's Under-15 Team

Robinson Dominates In 5-1 Win Over Germany

Only a website you ask?

Sadly the joke covers every area they touch: the management and board, misdiagnosing injuries, putting our W.C. men in sardine can flights in and out of Canada, the website, the National Stadium, ticket sales and promotions.......the joke continues.

They probably flew the under 15's first class to Charlottetown, while booking our European pros back in coach-standby.

Friggin' CSA and their website. I stopped visiting this site ages ago because of ineptitude! I don't even have it bookmarked!!

I guess it is imperative that ONE guy watches the game in Edmonton-live as opposed to updating THOUSANDS of people to sell more tickets(most of which don't even know there is a game, or even to inform the media who obviously don't know there is a game. Where do you think the media gets there info, or source info on Canada Soccer??). So everything stops because ONE guy leaves?

I sure hope he travelled to Edmonton in Business Class like our players (oh yeah....I forgot they are crammed in coach) so his typing finger is well rested to perform for his country.

I'm glad he could take the time to update us on the important news of how our under 15 girls team is doing though. Maybe he needs to be in Edmonton because of major developments with our under 7's boys team following the Men's W.C. qualifier. It is probably incidental that the men play at the same time as the under 7's big news event. Now he has a new headline for the main page instead of the "trivial event" of our Men's qualifier.

Bad as it is the CSA website is better than it's been in the past.

As it is the only way to follow Canadian football, or get any sort of Canadian take on football, the internet has been sorrily neglected by the CSA. I tend to suspect this internet thing is going to be around to stay so it may be a good idea to get on board with it.

Come on already. It's the 1st source everyone checks for information and data on the various national teams. Get it together.

That complaint of course having been made until you start getting into brousing the forum section, this site was pretty damned weak too. It's gotten better by a long way as well but I'd have expected to find a big free advert on the home page regarding Canada's next match, how it can be viewed and so forth. As it is there is none. Maybe something for the future.

Just to say, but the guy who does the website for the CSA doesn't only have the website in terms of his job at the CSA ... it's just one of the many things that are his responsibilites. His other responsibilities, obviously requires that he be out in Edmonton for the WC Qualifer.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

That complaint of course having been made until you start getting into brousing the forum section, this site was pretty damned weak too. It's gotten better by a long way as well but I'd have expected to find a big free advert on the home page regarding Canada's next match, how it can be viewed and so forth. As it is there is none. Maybe something for the future.

You're right, Cheeta. Thing is, Jarrek asked for volunteers to help with the site, but he got very few responses. The site is all set up and waiting for stuff to be posted, but someone has to create that content and evidently no one volunteered to do so. I will occasionally post stuff, but with the Voyageurs Cup and moderating the forum I have enough to do.

quote:Originally posted by Elaine

Just to say, but the guy who does the website for the CSA doesn't only have the website in terms of his job at the CSA ... it's just one of the many things that are his responsibilites. His other responsibilities, obviously requires that he be out in Edmonton for the WC Qualifer.

We are talking about Morgan Quarry here, correct? You're right Elaine. However, perhaps the real complaint is that the CSA needs someone more dedicated to look after the site. This is not Morgan's fault, he needs help.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

We are talking about Morgan Quarry here, correct? You're right Elaine. However, perhaps the real complaint is that the CSA needs someone more dedicated to look after the site. This is not Morgan's fault, he needs help.

Actually, no ... not Morgan.

Richard does the website and not only does he do the website, but his job also entails media stuff ... and he's doing that in Edmonton being that Morgan is the team's manager.

quote:Originally posted by Elaine

Sorry in advance, but this just makes it more of a joke. (Maybe the guy works hard and this is not an attack on him but the association)Whatever else the guy does does this mean that if he gets sick for a week that it can't be updated. Is he the only one with "keys to the Computer or the office?"

Again only hours away from an important game and they have as their cover story:

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Women's Under-15 Team

Germany Defeats Canada 2-1

Halifax, Nova ? Canada?s Women?s Under-15 Team were defeated 2-1 by Germany on Monday....Men's world cup team news nowhere in sight.

A sad joke.

Well blame the CSA -- the guys at the lower levels do so much with so little. Anyone else remember the CSA site before canadasoccer.com? They had a page hosted by canoe.ca. And if I remember correctly their feature story about Even Pellerud being made women's team coach was up for about six months.

Morgan was the one who made the new website happen, and it's gone through a couple of rounds of improvement since then. I don't say it's good or beautiful, but it's hard to blame Morgan and Richard just because they touched it last.

Then again, ever checked out the sites for Rowing Canada, Cricket Canada, Basketball Canada, or Baseball Canada? Not a knock against them -- most of them have a lot of useful information -- but they obviously don't put the same resources forward that the CSA does.

M@

Archived