We need grit

stacks

we need some grit in the midfield. The guet's over-powered us to the ball evertime last week. Where's Jason Bent? he's capable and strong, Aguiar? or is he too old, Bircham's tough. No offense to hutchinson, de guzman, and serioux but they are finess players, not tough midfielders. What do you guys think?

quote:Originally posted by stacks

we need some grit in the midfield. The guet's over-powered us to the ball evertime last week. Where's Jason Bent? he's capable and strong, Aguiar? or is he too old, Bircham's tough. No offense to hutchinson, de guzman, and serioux but they are finess players, not tough midfielders. What do you guys think?

Aguiar is the toughest guy i've ever known. He called the robocop, and the tractor in portuguese. Trust me, no one pushes him around.

quote:Originally posted by stacks

we need a miracle[:0]

Not sure Jason Bent is what I'd call a gritty player. I like the guy, but grit isn't the first characteristic I think of when I think of Jason. However, I thought Adrian Serioux showed a lot of strength in midfield and I hope to see him there for the whol 90 minutes against Honduras.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Bircham is the grittiest midfielder Canada has. His never-say- die attitude is exactly what Canada needs.

Sadly still on the injury list though.

Sounds corny ~ but all I ask is the guys play hard .

This is maybe the deepest team we've ever had so play hard and do the Maple Leaf proud . Win or lose you're still our team .

I'm going to spew now ........did I write that ;)

Gotta agree with MikeD , Jason Bent is not gritty, he seems to lack that ruthless, cynical streak to stop an attacker. But the problem with Yallop's midfield is not that we lack grit, but we're just overmatched. We've got strikers playing as wingers and when they give the ball away it's up to our main creative player DeGuzman to win it back, and when he does he's gotta get his head up real quick and make a play because Imhof is not that guy. Frank's gotta move Stalteri into the middle if he does nothing else (ie drop Onstad).

We could use a lot in our favor. A good performance by the keeper

who ever gets the start. A quick dip in the temperature to throw the

Hondurans off thier step. An early goal would settle the nerves,the fact we really need 3 goals to erase the goal difference, will be hard, but 2 -0 would be ok. Go Canada

Archived