Any gatherings for the Canada-Honduras game?

ballboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect so for Honduras, and it is pretty well definite for the Costa Rica match. For the latter, we need to find a place that gets Sportsnet Pacific in order to watch the match live (at 10pm), as I recall that they are not showing the Costa Rica match in Ontario until 2am.

Details & plans for both get togethers need to be made, and we might as well start now.....

I think that Scallywags would a good idea (it's easy to get to by car & transit and is at a central location) if we can be sure they will show the games. For the game on Saturday it has to be ensured that they will show the Canada match even though Canada is playing Russia in hockey at the same time. For the Costa Rica match on Wednsday we have to ensure they can get Sportsnet Pacific so we can watch the match live.

Ballboy, if you are living nearby Scallywags would you be able to make some inquiries on your way home?

What do the rest of the T.O. Voyageurs think?

I don't mind doing that at all... ...however, I would like to see if you guys have been patronizing @ Scallwags often? I mean I just wanna see whether the manager/bartenders over there are actually aware of bunch of Voyageurs/Ultras who visit their place from time to time... ...please let me know, Gian-luca. Maybe I can use that as a leverage.

Will be there to scoop out the place tomorrow night. (I have never been inside)

(singing...)Here we go, here we go, here we go... ...

Well we've been there a number of times over the years, but as far as I know we don't always necessarily identify ourselves as Ultras or Voyageurs, but rather just inform them that we are a bunch of fans who want to see the Canada/Werder Bremen/soccer game (whatever the case may be). But it is definitely a soccer pub.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Any Ottawa plans? I don't have to work Saturday night, so I would be able to make it.

I think i've convinced my buddy with the 60 inch HD tv to watch the game so unfortunately I'll be there this time around. I think some of the other Ottawa V's are actually heading out to Edmonton (or are there already), so I don't think there'll be an Ottawa gathering this time.

I was @ Scallywags tonight but I was too busy checking out the cute girls and didn't get a chance to really raise the question. However, Gianluca, (I am sure you know this) that they have a couple tellys over there and I don't see why we can grab one and have it on footy if we get there early and have enough bodies.

It's a footy/soccer pub alright and we shouldn't have any problem... ...my only concern, witnessing how little response that this thread has been generating, is whether we have enough bodies to make it happen @ Scallywags.

Com' on Toronto-area Vs!!! Where are you folks???

Thanks Graeme, but the question is, do they have digital cable & ability to show us Sportsnet Pacific so that we can watch the Costa Rica match live. I'm not really all that worried about getting a tv at Scallywags, it's whether they will be able to show the Costa Rica match live on Wednsday so we don't have to stay up until 4am that night watching the match on tape delay.

Perhaps we can ask about this on Saturday. That is assuming anyone else is going - a couple of the boys are in Edmonton watching it live, but yes, where is everybody else from Toronto?

Ahhhhh. The Costa Rica game as well... ...I was thinking about the Honduras game only. (sorry, mate)

Where are you all Toronto-area Vs... ...I know you might live in the suburbs but where are you, Polish Lynx Fan, Varsity Tyler (maybe you are back in Ottawa already), Jarrek, Beckham Jr. and co... ...I miss you all!!! lol... ...don't you all enjoy my mohawk, face-painting and chants?

By the way, does Scallywags usually show the England International games as well? They are playing Austria this Saturday.

Holy Crap. So fast? I was only there last night... ...

The hockey game goes from 7pm-10pm and our Canada-Honduras game starts at 9pm. (I am talking ET, Toronto time here)

So it overlapses for that 1 hour from 9-10p.. ...we need to find a place big enough and have enough tellys so we can ensure we have a tv set that is on for the Honduras game the whole time.

Just let me know where you guys are going... ...I hope you guys can keep it downtown.

Gian-luca..I know that I don't live in Toronto anymore..but when in doubt give Renna's a shout..you know they always broadcast live games...and during WCQ they show other CONCACAF and UEFA and CONMEBOL WCQ games...I know it's far from downtown TO..but it's a suggestion..and I'd definetely pick Renna's over Scally's since they guarantee to show all soccer and nothing else

Sincerely,

Nolberto S.

I've been to Renna's many times and it was my next choice to suggest for Wednesday's game.

Renna's is located at Jane & the 401 (can't recall the exact address but it's near that intersection). It's not overly convenient to get to by public transit but it is by car. I think they will probably be able to get Sportsnet Pacific, though we'll have to call before Weds. to make sure. I think it would be a good choice for the Wednsday game, but we can probably find something more central & convenient for non-auto drivers for tomorrow night's match, which is on regular cable and any pub should be able to get for us.

As for tomorrow's match, I think I need to defer to the downtown boys like Blair & Jay (well, you're downtown in comparison to me :) ) - anything you can suggest that would be convinient for all? If we're going to do it, the only thing we need to ensure is sufficient numbers to warrant the pub we select switching a tv from the hockey game to our beloved soccer game. The hockey game starts at 7pm, our game starts at 9pm - the hockey game will nearly be over by then and as it's a meaningless round-robin match I fully intend to be watching the soccer match from 9pm onwards.

Archived