Injuries in the Honduran camp

Lilloco

Three players have fallen back on their injuries and will not be playing against Canada so far...

Danny Turcios (Tecos of Mexico) injured himself in his team practice during the week and will not be fit for either the Canada or Guatemala games.

Walter Lopez (Olimpia of Honduras) injured three weeks ago will not play against Canada and is doubdtfull for the Guatemala game.

Samuel Caballero (Nacional of Uruguay) still needs to recoupe game fitness after being injured for a year.

Three big injuries, Turcios is a tireless player who is incredible down the right flank. He's is a great partner of Guevara and Rambo since they have been playing together on the national team since they were kids.

Walter Lopez, is the succesor of Guevara as the brains of the attack and ball movement. He was the best player for the team in the games prior to the second round.

Samuel Caballero needs to start getting playing time, he is the heart of the defense and scores lots of goals on corner kicks. The defence is really bad without him. They are to young and inexperienced...

Thanks for the update Lilloco.

I guess after Lilloco comments about these three injured players we can compare them to players from our team; so we can see what it'd be like missing these guys. :)

Turcios is a tireless player who is incredible down the right flank. He's is a great partner of Guevara and Rambo since they have been playing together on the national team since they were kids.

Hmm a great right midfielder... guess its like we'd be missing Hume or Derosario. And we were against Guatemala missing Hume and obviously DeRo wasn't himself because of his illness.

Walter Lopez, is the succesor of Guevara as the brains of the attack and ball movement. He was the best player for the team in the games prior to the second round.

The brains of the attack and ball movement, eh. This is like we'd be missing DeGuzman for me.

Samuel Caballero needs to start getting playing time, he is the heart of the defense and scores lots of goals on corner kicks. The defence is really bad without him. They are to young and inexperienced...

The defence is really bad without him? Scores lots of goals off of corner kicks? Jason DeVos for sure.

So Honduras is in a bad situation. It'd be like out Canadian MNT missing DeVos ©, DeGuzman, and DeRo or Humie. I think chances look good to pull off a strong performance by our boys.

I hate to be negative, but none of those guys played against Costa Rica and they got along just fine. Lopez was dressed and stayed on the bench.

Turcios is good and so is Caballero (i've never seen Lopez), but this really doesn't change anything. Now if Rambo De Leon decides to skip this game and focus on the midweek match, that might make a bigger difference.

cheers,

matthew

Yeah, none of these guys played against Costa Rica, but the depth of this team has suffered in that Lopez is the natural substitute of Guevara and just in case something happened to Lopez, Turcios could take on the roll of ball distributer. Now if Guevara gets hurt or is carded off then his replacement will be someone with no experience on the International scene and who doesnt gell with the other players...by the way, it is still not known which game Rambo will miss but apparently they want him for sure against Canada...

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter who is hurt or not. If Canada plays with poise and desire, it should be able to win at home. If it doesn't, half the Honduran national team could be hurt and still get no where.

Lilloco, I don't know Honduras as well as you, but if Guevara was out, wouldn't they put De leon in the middle of the midfield. They could easy bring on another forward. I don't know if he'll play withdrawn like he did against Costa Rica or on the left, but they could push Guerrero up from left back to left mid again in that case and use Figueroa at left back.

Where do you think they'll line De Leon up? Or will they remain unchanged. I think he really is a key guy for them. He was noticeably absent in their recent loss to the US.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Lilloco, I don't know Honduras as well as you, but if Guevara was out, wouldn't they put De leon in the middle of the midfield. They could easy bring on another forward. I don't know if he'll play withdrawn like he did against Costa Rica or on the left, but they could push Guerrero up from left back to left mid again in that case and use Figueroa at left back.

Where do you think they'll line De Leon up? Or will they remain unchanged. I think he really is a key guy for them. He was noticeably absent in their recent loss to the US.

cheers,

matthew

You have a good point, the thing is that they have never used Rambo as a creative mid, he has always been played on the right and sometimes on the left. He doesnt really like playing in the middle because he likes those long runs on the flanks. Against Costa Rica Sambula used the 4-4-1-1 and I think he will stick to it for all the away games. Funny thing is that Rambo was supposed to be playing in the middle behind Suazo, but he seemed to move to the right side more and more as the game went on. At the end of the game, in the press conference he even admitted that it was kinda hard for him to play in the position he played. I think that as a last resort, having Guevara, Lopez and Turcios out would have to mean that he play that position since he can really ball, but like I said he tends to float away towards the flanks and that can be dangerous for Honduras.

Archived