Honduras in Fort Lauderdale

Lilloco

Honduran national team arrived yesterday at Miami and had their first practice 90 minutes later. Today they have a double practice looking towards their upcoming game in Edmonton. When asked about the opposition and the game the Honduran National coach Raul Martinez Sambula said:

"It will be a different team from the one which lost to Guatemala, I have already told the players not to take that game as a reference. They (Canada) are going to come out with everything they got, they know that they will be playing this game for their chance to qualify, so we are not going to come out overconfident, that is very clear to my players"

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

He's just being nice, if he saw the match between Canada and Guatemala

he must see this as an easy 3 points. They put 5 past Costa Rica, a better organized team then ourselves, this could be ugly.

I find your language offensive. You are constantly baiting and abusing the people who post here. You are just plain mean.:(

Honduras had two grueling practices yesterday, the morning practice concentrated on the fisical aspect and the second was all tactical. After the practice Oscar Salgado, an assistant coach and the man who went to Vancouver to witness the guatemala game saidabout Canada:

"They play a European style, very fisical, fast, playing the long ball with a lot of crosses into the box" Salgado also said that they have watched the videos of the games against Belize and Wales also, and added "The level demonstrated against Guatemala does not reflect the quality that they really have."

Archived