Ali Gerba to Scandinavia???

Luis_Rancagua

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

According to the Toronto Star, it now appears that Toronto Lynx striker Ali Gerba will be sold to a Scandinavian club at the end of the A-League season.

They didn't say that at all!!! the quote says:

" The Lynx, considered a development team for european clubs, are trying to place Gerba in Scandinavia."

Thats all they said!. Big deal, they are trying to sell any play player they can.

Guys, I've just spoken to someone at the Lynx office who has confirmed to me that one club from Norway and another one from Sweden are already expressing interest in Ali Gerba. Certainly nothing here is definite, and there's really NO</u> deal on the table at this moment. However, one thing for sure is that Ali will indeed be the next Lynx player in Europe.

The way how I see this whole scenario is that the Hattrells are not interested in building the Lynx into a potent force within the A-League nor winning the A-League Championship. What they are more interested is building upon young talent such as the Paul Stalteris, the Marco Redas, the Adrian Serioux, the Ali Gerbas, etc... and selling their talents to a European club for exchange of cash.

what can i say.....if we have aclub consistantly developing young canadian talent and selling them to euro teams where they will blossom as a player, i have no problem with that. Mind im not a lynx fan so it doesnt bother me one way or the other if they're losing every game.

Guest Georgio

Is he 32 years old?? If so he is not a young talent at all. Talented yes but young no. It says on the Lynx website he was born in 1972. For some reason I always thought this guy was a young future prospect for the Nats.

19 ALI GERBA F 5' 11 200 Montreal, QC 27/07/1972 Toronto Lynx/Montreal Impact

quote:Originally posted by Georgio

Is he 32 years old?? If so he is not a young talent at all. Talented yes but young no. It says on the Lynx website he was born in 1972. For some reason I always thought this guy was a young future prospect for the Nats.

19 ALI GERBA F 5' 11 200 Montreal, QC 27/07/1972 Toronto Lynx/Montreal Impact

I think that should read 1981. If you go into the Lynx players biographies(on the Lynx web site) you will see that it is 1981. Remember, Ali played for Canada at the U-20 World Cup qualifying tournament, so 1972 would not have been possible.

Guest Georgio

phew!!!! I am glad to hear that.

thanks, I do now recall someone saying that he played for the u-20's. I have never seen him play though.

I was actually just going onto the Lynx website to see how tall he is. My concern was that if he is short (which he isn't) Norway wouldn't be the best place for him.

What is his playing style? Would he better suited for Norway or Sweden or does it matter?

I haven't seen Ali Gerba play since he was with the U-20s (same generation of U-20s as Julian DeGuzman, Mike Klukowski, Maycoll Canizalez, Rob Friend, Terry Dunfield and Tam Nsaliwa). Unless he's shrunk since then, he's a big guy. Played like a target man. Probably a good fit in Norway or Sweden.

Archived