NCAA Div. I Canucks ( 2004 version )

Andrew W

I'll tool around with some of the names on the list that aren't in our list and see if some of them are still there. It definately is a year old even though they seem to have updated some of the classes for the players. I know Catana and Taylor have graduated among others.

Good resource though, thanks. :D

Went through all the Div. I players on the list off of BC_soccer_fan's link and added a few that weren't on our list. Their list was short on quite a few that we have, particularly the Ontario-born players. Still an excellent resource for the Canucks in the lower division. Haven't updated the Div. II list yet.

Added names include Shyle Braithwaite (Univ. Buffalo), Matthew Smith (IUPU Indianapolis), Tyler Lewis (Mercer), Scott McEachern and Mason Trafford (UNLV), and Evan White (Stetson).

Once again thanks to bc_soccer_fan for posting that link.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That you for all the updates. I haven't forgottent to put them in, I've just been compiling them on my master list that I'll paste once I've completed the changes.

In the case of Francis Marion Univ., this is a perfect example of the unreliability of the websites and NCAA.org's links. Their link to Francis Marion is to the old athletics website and resulted in the men's soccer link producing a "cannot find page" result. I assumed during my first sweep through the websites in August that it was down and would be reactivated later. I eventually found it and confirmed you changes by running a search on the university's athletics (which in hindsight I should have done earlier, but when sorting through hundreds of university websites...)

I sent an email to NCAA.org to let them know that the link they provide is to an old site. So that's a thanks from me for pointing the players out and a likely thanks for them in pointing out their dead link.

• 5 months later...

Here's what I've gleaned from bigsoccer, please correct if you see mistakes, because I haven't checked the facts on any of these:

Michael Tillati — K — Penn St. (NCAA)

Kyle Bartkus — D — Wisconsin-Green Bay (NCAA)

Masumi Turnbull — D — Kentucky (NCAA)

Martin John — D — Maine (NCAA)

Erik DiLorenzo — D— Albany (NCAA)

Kurt Ruhe-Lischke — D — Albany (NCAA)

Kerr McLeod — M — Fairfield (NCAA)

Tosant Ricketts — M — Wisconsin-Green Bay (NCAA)

Joey Loreth — M — Oregon State (NCAA)

Taylor McNamara — M — Albany (NCAA)

Mike D'Agostino — F — Kentucky (NCAA)

Alex Elliott — F — Portland (NCAA)

David Browning — F — Cornell (NCAA)

Daniel Revivo — F — Winthrop (NCAA)

I believe everyone there (except D'Agostino) are first-year collegians.

cheers,

matthew

I'll be doing an updated list, hopefully to be posted by the end of August, first week of September. Between actual school athletic websites, and recruiting lists, I can usually bang out a pretty good list. It's a bit of a labour of love. This year, however, I think I'll skip doing Div. II.

Other than Matthew's excellent list, a sampling of other incoming freshman that I've unearthed so far include:

Derek Rios (Fr.) Midfield, Etobicoke ON and Carlo Schiavoni (Fr.) Midfield, Lachine PQ at University of Alabama Birmingham.

John Rozehnal (Fr.) Defender, Toronto ON at Brown University.

Dominic Oppong (Fr.) Forward, Toronto ON at University of Cincinnati

O'Brian White (Fr.) Midfield, Scarborough ON at University of Connecticut.

Graeme Webber (Fr.) Defender, Kelowna BC at Cornell University.

Greg Fiddick (Fr.) from Sidney BC and Joey Mathot (Fr.) from Port Moody BC at the University of Denver.

Ben Pisch (Fr.) Kelowna BC at UNLV.

Ryan Smith (Fr.) Defender, Niagara Falls ON at Quinnipiac.

This is just a start as some schoool sides haven't released their roster or updated their soccer section. Should be more to come.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

David Browning — F — Cornell (NCAA)

Here's what this fellow's bio says on the Cornell website. Interesting.

quote:David Browning, forward

Antwerp International School/Antwerp, Belgium

K Lierse SK U-19

Browning, a Canadian citizen living in Antwerp, Belgium, is the starting forward for the amateur U-19 team of K Lierse SK in the Belgian First Division. While with Lierse, David has played in numerous international matches, including receiving the `golden boot' award for his goal scoring record in a tournament with Feyenoord, Utrecht, and Standard Liege. Prior to moving to Belgium, he was a member of the Singapore U-16 National Team. David will look to make an immediate impact as a freshman.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Here's what this fellow's bio says on the Cornell website. Interesting.

As always yr way ahead of me Andrew, but I meant to say that the ones I listed as U20 eligible or at least maybe elligible. And of course you had some I had missed, but I realized I had seen Schiavoni, Rios, and a few others, but knew they were too old and didn't include them. Most schools in their recruiting list just state year and not age. So unless I know different I assume froshs are 87s.

I wasn't sure how to list Browning either, but he's not cap-tied, so I figured why not . . .

Looking forward to your full list Andrew.

cheers,

matthew

I thought that might be what you were going at with your list. Many players are Freshman by class but have spent a couple of years (a la Schiavoni) looking for a pro contract somewhere and decided on college after finding that a tough road to follow.

I'm looking forward to the list as well. Hope I finish it soon. ;)

I thought that might be what you were going at with your list. Many players are Freshman by class but have spent a couple of years (a la Schiavoni) looking for a pro contract somewhere and decided on college after finding that a tough road to follow.

I'm looking forward to the list as well. Hope I finish it soon. ;)

Archived