TV commercials

elricko

Here in Canada, I am disgusted with Sportsnet's decision to insert approx. 10 commercials per match during the play, as well as running ads along the bottom of the screen. I have started a campaign , by writing to the world's press, to STOP all ads in TV soccer. Elricko

To be honest, if it means an extra match ever saturday on sportnet, i dont mind all that much... lemme be honest....sice i moved ot europe this past year, i've watched less soccer than i did when i lived in canada....there's not a whole lot of belgian soccr on tv........all i get is england friendlies and some france matches (which i dont entirely mind) but my favourite club, man utd is NEVER ON TV here and enlgish premierleague is my #1 fave league ... in canada i'd watch 1 or 2 matches every staurday plus the champs league matches whenever they were on tsn. Lemme tell you, Canada doent have it all that bad for soccer on tv. If u donlt like english prem league than u can get FSWC.....most of the socce ron tv here is ony specialty channels like that.....so ill be watchin more soccer when i go back in 5 days......lookin forward to it.....dont take it for granted guys.....its not that bad!

marcl19, Believe me I know exactly what true soccer coverage is like, as I lived in the UK for many years , I also lived in Australia---and they don't insert ads during the games there!!! I pay enough in cable fees here in Canada, I could always subscribe to Sky in England , and receive fabulous Tv soccer--and NO ads.

I don't know if you are aware that Mr. Sepp Blatter himself once suggested that soccer go to 20 minutes segments--to help bring in commercials. I think it is wrong to accept defeat , commercials have no part of each 45 minute half, and we all must do everything we can to stop them. I wrote to FIFA, UEFA and CONCACAF today, now maybe I should get a life , but I hate these money oriented TV bastards. I would rather have 2 ad-free matches than 3 interspersed with their rotten ads. Some years ago I angrily, wrote to "Molsons" about TV ads, and one of their executives phoned me at home, told me that the requirement from Molsons was to have their ads inserted before and after each half, whereas "Sportsnet" had told me ( I phoned them in Toronto) that the individual advertisers decided when the ad would be shown. The TV channels think nothing short of LYING, and I'll say it again--these bastards have to be fought on this issue.!!

quote:Originally posted by elricko

Here in Canada, I am disgusted with Sportsnet's decision to insert approx. 10 commercials per match during the play, as well as running ads along the bottom of the screen. I have started a campaign , by writing to the world's press, to STOP all ads in TV soccer. Elricko

I agree, but it seem that is the way most sport and news channels are going. Thier defence is, of course, get a bigger TV. ****ers.

quote:Originally posted by elricko

I don't know if you are aware that Mr. Sepp Blatter himself once suggested that soccer go to 20 minutes segments--to help bring in commercials. I think it is wrong to accept defeat , commercials have no part of each 45 minute half, and we all must do everything we can to stop them. I wrote to FIFA, UEFA and CONCACAF today, now maybe I should get a life , but I hate these money oriented TV bastards. I would rather have 2 ad-free matches than 3 interspersed with their rotten ads. Some years ago I angrily, wrote to "Molsons" about TV ads, and one of their executives phoned me at home, told me that the requirement from Molsons was to have their ads inserted before and after each half, whereas "Sportsnet" had told me ( I phoned them in Toronto) that the individual advertisers decided when the ad would be shown. The TV channels think nothing short of LYING, and I'll say it again--these bastards have to be fought on this issue.!!

Man, soccer IS life as far as i'm concerned....there shouldbe more of us writeing in like you

Archived