Should Canada play home games in Europe?

Guest Dave

I'm not sure whether FIFA would ever allow you to play WCQs at the Den, but I for one would love to have you guys there for a friendly or two, and I'm sure Simpson and Serioux would too. In fact I think this is such a fine idea I've just emailed Millwall's chief executive to draw his attention to this thread.

---

www.hof.org.uk

The Online Millwall fanzine

quote:Originally posted by The HOFmeister

I'm not sure whether FIFA would ever allow you to play WCQs at the Den, but I for one would love to have you guys there for a friendly or two, and I'm sure Simpson and Serioux would too. In fact I think this is such a fine idea I've just emailed Millwall's chief executive to draw his attention to this thread.

---

www.hof.org.uk

I LOVE MILLWALL FANS!

Guest Georgio
quote:I'm not sure whether FIFA would ever allow you to play WCQs at the Den, but I for one would love to have you guys there for a friendly or two, and I'm sure Simpson and Serioux would too. In fact I think this is such a fine idea I've just emailed Millwall's chief executive to draw his attention to this thread.

---

www.hof.org.uk

Awesome!

I wonder if the CSA has ever sent an e-mail with a proposal to any clubs in England. You know, just to communicate and explore the possibility. No, probably not, leave it to a fan who is not even Canadian to take that intitiative.

Cheers

Nah, Pipe is too busy planning his next expenses paid vacation (errm, I mean "FIFA meeting") and trying to break 90 on the links.

Well, will see what the crowd is like in Edmonton my bet is about 10k fans at the most, just because the stadium holds more doesn't mean it will be filled, if im wrong then definetely we should play the games in Edmonton. But that still doesn't fix the travel distance issue edmonton is only 1hr time diffrence from Van.

I do like the Idea of playing our home games in Europe against some teams, because those teams would now be in the situation we are, having to fly across 8 timezones to play. But then again because they all play domestic they would just fly there 10 days early. We need a domestic league and until that happens were not gonna be able to assemble our best players together to play as a team frequently enough. The best hope we have is friendlies in Europe.

quote:Originally posted by kokanne

Well, will see what the crowd is like in Edmonton my bet is about 10k fans at the most, just because the stadium holds more doesn't mean it will be filled, if im wrong then definetely we should play the games in Edmonton. But that still doesn't fix the travel distance issue edmonton is only 1hr time diffrence from Van.

I do like the Idea of playing our home games in Europe against some teams, because those teams would now be in the situation we are, having to fly across 8 timezones to play. But then again because they all play domestic they would just fly there 10 days early. We need a domestic league and until that happens were not gonna be able to assemble our best players together to play as a team frequently enough. The best hope we have is friendlies in Europe.

Didn't the last WCQ in Edmonton (against Trinidad, I believe?) draw something close to 30,000? Or am I imagining things?

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

Canada play "home" WC qualifiers in Europe? Somebody's gonna have to explain it to me, because I'm just not getting the joke.

Wheh.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was going off my nut there for a while...

Friendlys? Sure. Thought that's what we were doing. You know, to ensure everybody shows. But even that got out of hand.

Archived