Send your comments to the CSA

massimo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Soju

Are you a Canadian soccer fan or a Canadian soccer critic? If you can't see the difference then **** off.

Why can't i be both? sorry i wont stand and let things go as you lot have since 1986, we have not come close to the world cup since and

will be quite awhile before we go again. we play in a weak region

so getting to the world cup should be easy, but we always make thing difficult if not impossible.

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

we play in a weak region

so getting to the world cup should be easy,

You are stupid!

Weak region? Is that why we have almost as many qualifying places as South America. (4.5-3.5) Is that why CONCACAF teams are notorious for getting to the second round of the last few world cups. Soccer is like religion in Central America.

Get bent.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

South America should get more spots, Their teams are way better then us if you had bothered to watch Copa America you would have found that

out. Concacaf should have no more then 2 spots till the teams they do send actually do something at the world cup. like at least make the

semis on a regualr basis.

and you.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

Easy Krammer!!!

Even you could admitt that more Canadian fans should have beaten the Guates to Ticketmaster. It was close to 50/50 and it could (should) have been 70/30.

Sure, but Canadians are Canadians. Plenty of them just walk up to the park on game day thinking they can get tickets. Had the stadium sat 12,500 they would have still filled it, and a lot of Canadians that were left peering through the fence would have been inside watching. It's true that had the CSA done some marketing well before the game instead of heavily marketing the game just days before the match then more Canadians may have bought tickets that ended up going to Guatemalans. As it is we don't have enough people like Nazz to buy up blocks of tickets for the Canadian supporters.

I'll also debate that the crowd was 50/50. There were pockets of Guatemalans everywhere and they only stood out because they were all wearing Guatemalan colours. Now we can debate and complain all we want that Canadians should come to the stadium wearing our colours but we haven't got that soccer mentality yet, and it's the same everywhere in Canada, not just fans at Swangard stadium. I still say it was 65% a Canadian crowd.

All of this of course means nothing, as I assume when somebody says there was a poor turnout they are not talking about the amount of home support vs away support but the overall crowd size. The game was sold out, hence no poor turnout.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Unfortunately that is the only time since 1986 (18 years!) that we have come close to making the WC. :(

I think we could still make it this time if the manager is replaced right away and some players dropped, going with some younger players

it's possible, but if we stay with the roster that played Guatemala

then goodnight the party is over.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Sure, but Canadians are Canadians. Plenty of them just walk up to the park on game day thinking they can get tickets. Had the stadium sat 12,500 they would have still filled it, and a lot of Canadians that were left peering through the fence would have been inside watching. It's true that had the CSA done some marketing well before the game instead of heavily marketing the game just days before the match then more Canadians may have bought tickets that ended up going to Guatemalans. As it is we don't have enough people like Nazz to buy up blocks of tickets for the Canadian supporters.

I'll also debate that the crowd was 50/50. There were pockets of Guatemalans everywhere and they only stood out because they were all wearing Guatemalan colours. Now we can debate and complain all we want that Canadians should come to the stadium wearing our colours but we haven't got that soccer mentality yet, and it's the same everywhere in Canada, not just fans at Swangard stadium. I still say it was 65% a Canadian crowd.

All of this of course means nothing, as I assume when somebody says there was a poor turnout they are not talking about the amount of home support vs away support but the overall crowd size. The game was sold out, hence no poor turnout.

I guess where I was there were a lot of guates.

What did I read while I was there, something about the 'return of the sellouts' for the 'caps.

Kudo's Vancouver.

If Swanguard only had a second grandstand instead of a parking lot... then you'd be talking Krusty!

Archived