Send your comments to the CSA

massimo

Guys,

I think everything everyone has said here at this forum, makes sense... more or less, anyway.

Personally I think, like most of you here that our loss was caused by a lack preparation. By that I mean there weren't any friendlies whatsoever before the game vs. Guatemala. Also having more friendlies would give Mr. Yallop more time to look at all the talent we currently have, and do it correctly. Examples are Tam N. and Tony M. as well as other.

So what I did was send an e-mail explaining my feelings on this matter, and if everyone here does the same, the CSA will have to listen!

Please, do your part.

For national teams inquiries, please send an email to:

Earl Cochrane

natteams@soccercan.ca

Massimo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Massimo,

While I can understand everyone's disappointment, I have to question whether it is really our place to flood the CSA with letters of complaint.

They are well aware of our forum and would probably appreciate us keeping these discussions over here.

Hey Massimo,

While I can understand everyone's disappointment, I have to question whether it is really our place to flood the CSA with letters of complaint.

They are well aware of our forum and would probably appreciate us keeping these discussions over here.

Why keep it here? If we're upset enough, then by all means, take your complaints to them. If I were at the CSA and saw you sitting on here biatching and whining but doing nothing about it, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. But if you showed up on my (cyber) door en masse, I might think twice.

Stop being Canadian and humming and hawing in your seat. Do something about it.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Guys,

I think everything everyone has said here at this forum, makes sense... more or less, anyway.

Personally I think, like most of you here that our loss was caused by a lack preparation. By that I mean there weren't any friendlies whatsoever before the game vs. Guatemala. Also having more friendlies would give Mr. Yallop more time to look at all the talent we currently have, and do it correctly. Examples are Tam N. and Tony M. as well as other.

So what I did was send an e-mail explaining my feelings on this matter, and if everyone here does the same, the CSA will have to listen!

Please, do your part.

For national teams inquiries, please send an email to:

Earl Cochrane

natteams@soccercan.ca

Massimo

I did the same, but no responce from them, show's what they think of the fans opinion. But let them hear from you all. Changes must come.

But what specific changes? Maybe if we could all agree someone would listen, as right now I'm seeing alot of different complaints (all of which seem justified). It seems after the last game that this team just doesn't know how to play together with these roster changes, and when players come back from injury or club duties, the roster will change again. What kind of friendlies do we have scheduled? Do they just expect this team to gel by an act of god?

quote:Originally posted by David C.

Hey Massimo,

Dave

Any other country would be up in arms at the effort put out vs the Gusts. I don't blame our players, but moreso I blame the CSA for their lack of preparation for a match of this importance. If I'm not mistaken the Guats about 2-3 friendlies before the match vs us...on our side, all we did was to assemble ourselves a couple days before. Then we expect our canadian players to pull a rabbit out of a hat! It's just not realistic for me.

If we don't voice our opinions to the CSA, who will?

quote:Originally posted by Soju

But what specific changes? Maybe if we could all agree someone would listen, as right now I'm seeing alot of different complaints (all of which seem justified). It seems after the last game that this team just doesn't know how to play together with these roster changes, and when players come back from injury or club duties, the roster will change again. What kind of friendlies do we have scheduled? Do they just expect this team to gel by an act of god?

Soju ....I have just checked the CSA list of upcoming men's national

team friendlies prior to your next WCQ matches...there are none[?]

None mentioned anyway, since most of the players are european based,

a couple of quick friendlies against say Noarway,Sweden,or Finland

could be arranged.

I have written to the CSA a few times. Most times I never get a reply. One time I did get a reply it said pretty well it was none of my business. The last time I wrote the week before the game with Guatemala I got an automatic email reply saying the addressee was away to Vancouver to the game. This was 5 days before the game. What the hell was he doing there 5 days before, who is paying for that. Wrote again two days after the game assuming he would be back. No response to this day.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I have written to the CSA a few times. Most times I never get a reply. One time I did get a reply it said pretty well it was none of my business. The last time I wrote the week before the game with Guatemala I got an automatic email reply saying the addressee was away to Vancouver to the game. This was 5 days before the game. What the hell was he doing there 5 days before, who is paying for that. Wrote again two days after the game assuming he would be back. No response to this day.

What do they mean it's none of your business, they're representing our whole country! Do they think they get to do business by our flag and when they screw up act like they're just another private enterprise? "Look you nutter get away from the office window can't you see we're trying to have a meeting? Yes yes we know our shares are down and our product is useless but that's really none of your concern, now go back to squeegeeing cars or whatever it is you do when you're not bothering people".

The CSA!?! C'mon, the blame for that loss is on the players and coaches. First, the coaches did a poor job in selecting the starting 11 and reacting to how the game was being played. As for the players, it was an embarrassment.

It was hard to sit there and watch 90 minutes of that. I've seen them play much better games. There was no imagination. No drive...even losing 1-0 they didn't seem to want to play. It took the second goal to wake them up. There are a few players who don't deserve a spot on the team.

quote:Originally posted by flipper77

The CSA!?! C'mon, the blame for that loss is on the players and coaches. First, the coaches did a poor job in selecting the starting 11 and reacting to how the game was being played. As for the players, it was an embarrassment.

It was hard to sit there and watch 90 minutes of that. I've seen them play much better games. There was no imagination. No drive...even losing 1-0 they didn't seem to want to play. It took the second goal to wake them up. There are a few players who don't deserve a spot on the team.

Flipper,

So if that's your thought...send it to the CSA to voice your opinion!

The CSA wrote me back:

Thanks for the message below James.

I do not think that many would argue your point regarding the need for

more friendlies...and friendlies against CONCACAF (or CONCACAF-style)

opponents in CONCACAF-like conditions. And, you will not find many

disagreeing with your assessment of our very poor performance against

Guatemala. But despite what you may or may not believe, Canada is in a

very different situation than most of our CONCACAF rivals. The most

glaring difference is the absence of a full-time domestic league. This

means of course that we, more than any other country in our zone, must

rely on FIFA International Dates, thus limiting our access to our

players and often times placing our players in difficult club vs.

country situations. Then you have the issues of venue, travel, etc...So

in the end, I think our situation is quite unlike the majority of

CONCACAF countries.

Thanks again for your message James...

Earl Cochrane

Canadian Soccer Association

Pleasantly surprised to get some feedback, we've heard this problem voiced before. So if we're at such a disadvantage in CONCACAF due to a divided roster between Europe and North America, what's the solution? Any thoughts from armchair managers?

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Pleasantly surprised to get some feedback, we've heard this problem voiced before. So if we're at such a disadvantage in CONCACAF due to a divided roster between Europe and North America, what's the solution? Any thoughts from armchair managers?

I think we should look to the U.S.A. and Jamaica as for solutions to our problems. Both of these nations face similar problems that we face. The U.S.A. called 8 foriegn based players for their Aug.18 qualifyer. Jamaica probably was mostly foriegn based.

quote:Originally posted by David C.

Hey Massimo,

Have to agree. I can understand expressing our feelings over the selction of venues where the games are played since that affects the fans directly and shows that there canadians who want to see games played in their parts of the country. That is something that the CSA surely welcomes. But player selection are things that only Yallop is responsible for and in NO WAY would it be to the benefit of soccer in Canada to have the CSA or the fans interfere in this process. He is afterall responsible for the selection and closer to the players than anyone of us. It is his job that is on the line and he has more to gain and loose than anyone of us with the outcome of WCQ.

But that doesn't mean that we cannot express our views on this forum

Well as for lack of friendlies, that concerns us as fans because without them we don't get to see our team play, and it also means it's much harder to bring new fans into the fold. I didn't realize the US had so many foreign based players to call back, what's their solution to this problem? Or do their players simply find the decision between club and country to be more of a no brainer?

Freekick,

Does this mean he is a dictator...and we should all bow in his presence, that we should never ever question him or th CSA since he is our master.

I say, not informing the CSA about our displeasure is like talking behind someone's back. If I myself, feel there may be something to change about the CSA, I inform them about it...and that goes either way good or bad.

I have sent them e-mail before and they are not always bad neither always good. I think getting a response from us the fans is important as is means we still care.

It's definately better than being indifferent.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Freekick,

Does this mean he is a dictator...and we should all bow in his presence, that we should never ever question him or th CSA since he is our master.

I say, not informing the CSA about our displeasure is like talking behind someone's back. If I myself, feel there may be something to change about the CSA, I inform them about it...and that goes either way good or bad.

I have sent them e-mail before and they are not always bad neither always good. I think getting a response from us the fans is important as is means we still care.

It's definately better than being indifferent.

But did I suggest these things?

Afterall, we are just one game into the semi final qualifying round. What would you say if he came back with same team and we win the next two. What kind of letter do we send to the CSA then. Granted, that loss to Guatemala was huge. But we are not out of it by any stretch. Yes, I agree that there much to question about Yallop right now. But let him finish the job he was hired to do.

We are way too reactionary on this board. Which isn't a bad thing under certain circumstances. For example, if we fail again to advance then let the criticism of Yallop fly. But we are not eliminated yet and did you honnestly think that we would go through the entire WCQ undefeated.

I cant believe what I am reading from a certian new poster ( troll maybe) on this board who goes starts with the "Fire Yallop diatribe" after one loss. Then he tries to pass on as fact his speculation regarding Radz injury. Then he blames the CSA for not playing a friendly when the two first WCQ matches are barely two weeks apart ands the players return have returned to their clubs. He writes nothing positive or optimistic.

Highlights of said letter:

"Vancouver was chosen because it and Edmonton are the two best surfaces on grass in Canada that can accommodate enough people..."

"With a game date of a Wednesday however, I think it is unfair to suggest we play the game earlier in the day as we would have been ridiculed. we had no control over the date."

"It is disappointing to see so many opposing fans at our games. But I don't think it is fair to only blame the CSA on this. When the average Canadian men's game becomes a regular sellout then perhaps we can start to distinguish between ticket allotment. The fact remains that a part of our operational budget comes form gate receipts and we cannot turn away ticket sales."

"I cannot comment on the RCMP as I do not know all the facts. I had heard there were some problems after the game but that's all I know."

Archived