Canadians abroad: August 20-26, 2004

DJT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julian DeGuzman didn't play for Hannover as they beat VfR Neumünster 3-0 in the German Cup. I'm not sure if he was on the bench.

Daniel Imhof played 86 minutes as St.Gallen played to a 1-1 tie with Thun.

Kenny S. got the clean sheet as Enkoping played Boden to a 0-0 draw.

Olivier Occean played 90 as Odd Grenland lost 3-0 to Fredrikstad.

Pozniak and Kojic played 90 as Haugesund defeated Pors Grenland 3-2.

Coventry City 0 Millwall 1;Coca-Cola Championship;Football;Match report

163 words

23 August 2004

The Times

The Game 15

English

© 2004 Times Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved

COVENTRY CITY (0) 0

MILLWALL (0) 1

Dichio 80

Danny Dichio's second goal in as many games was enough to claim a win for Millwall in a dire game against a disappointing Coventry City. The match seemed destined to end goalless with clear-cut chances at a premium, until a free kick by Dennis Wise was headed home by the former Sunderland forward with ten minutes left.

Coventry manager Peter Reid: I didn't think it was the best of games. I thought it was going to be 0-0 but we gave a free kick away in a dangerous area and paid the penalty.

Millwall assistant manager Ray Wilkins: I would have liked to have seen us keep the ball a little bit better at times, but it was still a thoroughly professional performance and another clean sheet.

Blinder: Adrian Serioux. Stinker: Tim Sherwood.

Canucks in Scotland update

Kevin McKenna (Hearts) didn't dress and Rhian Dodds (Killie) dressed but didn't get off the bench in Hearts' 3-0 SPL win over Kilmarnock.

Lars Hirschfeld (Dundee Utd) was on the substitutes' bench but didn't play in his side's 1-1 draw with Livingstone.

Paul Fenwick (Hibs) wasn't dressed for his club's 4-1 defeat to Rangers.

Richard Hastings (ICT) wasn't dressed for his club's 3-1 loss to Celtic.

No sign of Jason Bent in Motherwell's 2-1 win over Dundee, so apparently he hasn't signed with them yet.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Better duck Jeffrey!

We have a lot of paranoid, loss-drunk, upset people on this board, and some are even blaming YOUR absence for the loss to the Guats!;)

I was a bit stunned by that result. And always want to give a manager the benefit of the doubt. We were unlucky with guys missing. But I can't help Yallop has been screwing around a bit, why can't we just have a conventional coach who picks the best players and puts them on the field? Sure, I am still pissed about him screwing Aguiar around, since Fernando is right when he complains that he is getting left off while our results stink lately. Also was a bit annoyed about Brennan. Millwall should not be determining our line-up, however much Serioux might have done well.

For me we still have a chance to sort things out since Costa Rica screwed up at home, if we beat Honduras we are still in there. But now we are obliged to win away. Will Radz show for something or are we going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt except the players I happen to like?

Guest Can. in UK

(From Tranmere web-site)

Manager Brian Little on Iain Hume's play:

"Iain was in his favourite position tonight but he knows there's competition for that spot now. He came back for pre-season training two weeks late this summer and got himself behind the others. He's beginning to sharpen up now.

Iain can do some good things and he does some silly things as well. But when he does things right, he can be very good indeed."

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Malmö FF  1 - 1  Helsingborgs IF

Hutchison sits on the bench.

If you want to be completely correct, he came on the last 10 minutes. Being used as a sub not very surprising since he's just been away on national team duty. But the team did pretty good in his absence, so his spot on the starting 11 is not unchallenged.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

KC wins 1-0. Onstad does not play.

Announced attendance: 2,162 [xx(]

Yeah, but apparently that was an overflow crowd, as most MLS teams do not play their Open Cup matches in their home stadia.

i went on the norwich board asking about what anyone thought or knew about brennen....

he seems popular and some there wonder also why he's not even on the bench.

He's been traveling with the team and playing with the reserves and what not. Seems as tho his competition on the left side is Adam Drury and David bentley.....i dunno anything about them......anyone have any clue?

There's a fan on there called "brennens my no. 1" must be his wife or a voyageur.....or just proof that he's better than ppl say he is!

Archived