Hirschfeld to Dundee United

fishman

From the BBC website...

Lars Hirschfeld wants back in the international frame

Dundee United have completed the signing of goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld.

The Canadian has signed a six-month deal with United, who had been looking for a second senior keeper since Paul Gallacher signed for Norwich.

The 25-year-old was released by Tottenham Hotspur after failing to make a first-team appearance in two years at White Hart Lane.

Hirschfeld has 16 caps for Canada and will contest the goalkeeper's jersey with Tony Bullock.

Former Calgary Storm goalkeeper Hirschfeld has had loan spells at Luton Town and Gillingham.

He was left out of Frank Yallop's Canada squad for the Concacaf zone World Cup qualifier against Guatemala in Vancouver and will hope a move to United will help him win his place back in the national squad.

Guest Georgio

We know that Hirsch has the ability to keep us in the game if we have no right being on the same pitch as the opposition that day ie. Gold Cup 2002.

We know that he can have an off day like anyone but unlike Onstad we know he has performed outstanding for the Nats when it matters.

He's my man. He wasn't a month ago because he had no club but I support him as the starter even if he is second string at Dundee.

I am glad that Lars signed with them.

Despite th eshort-term contract and being a back-up, he needs to get his foot back in the Euro door. Plus, his competition isn't exactly a solid #1 keeper. Lars will probably get a reasonable chance to play this Fall, helping his opportunities to move on at mid-season, if he doesn't get an extension.

Great to see Hirschfeld back playing in Britain...finally, a sign of hope that we won't have to deal with much more from Pat Off-stad in a Canadian jersey. It'll be nice to actually see him playing now and then, and just practicing with Dundee will help his skill and confidence. All-round good news.

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

Great to see Hirschfeld back playing in Britain...finally, a sign of hope that we won't have to deal with much more from Pat Off-stad in a Canadian jersey. It'll be nice to actually see him playing now and then, and just practicing with Dundee will help his skill and confidence. All-round good news.

Hear, Hear, Lars is needed and needed now, I look forward to see

him playing well in Except against the Bhoys of course, but bring him

in Onstad was terrible against Guatemala

I do have my preference but I am not gonna get into the Onstad-Hirsch tug of war. But it's ultra pleasant to hear that Hirsch is back in the Euro fold.

It should give him some exposure and it's true, the keeper position with Dundee Utd is "somewhat" up for grabs even though Lars might have to start as a backup.

I would like to think Lars is back on track... ...

Archived