Disaster. Was it Watson and Pizz?

massimo

What pisses me off about Onstad's game was 2 goals were scored against him and he didn't TRY to save either of them. The first he stood with his hand in the air, the second he jogged back and watched it drop in the net. He has to go.

Sutton backed up by Kenny is my choice.

Stalteri looked like he didn't care. Our central defense is too slow, but half of us know that, the other half think de Vos and McKenna is the answer (TOO SLOW!). I believe in putting Atiba back there now, maybe Dale Mitchell can work on Yallop on that one. Jazic was clearly our best defender on the day. Occean belonged out there, so did Serioux. I'd like to see Serioux start at holding midfielder next game.

It's just depressing, we have the talent now, but no preparation, and no attempt to play in a location to our advantage. Remember Yallop's comment about wanting to play in Churchill, in that online radio interview? Instead we get Vancouver/Edmonton/Vancouver. How innovative!

Well I'm bitter, and I'm embarrassed I told so many friends to watch the game, that things would be much different than last WCQ. It was different, against T&T we out played them and lost 2-0, this time we got out played and lost 2-0.

I agreee with Francois, it is Pizzo's worst game I've seen so far this year. Maybe he was nervous or something. And, that was my fear, it was mentionned but I hoped that either none of Pizzo and Gervais play, either both play. I can assure that the trio SUTTON - GERVAIS - PIZZO usually play better than that we saw last game!

I also agree with what was more pollitely said: ONSTAD SUCKS! (as simple as that) I don't know enough well the other GK to make my choice as who should be number 1 keeper in Canada, but I'd put Sutton before onstad any time and that is not because I'm a Montreal Impact fan!

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

I'm just laughing at those who still want to call an inactive Lars over Kenny, Greg, Fernandes...you get the point. Lars has gone from one bench to another. Didn't play last week for Dundee United. Will he play this week?

With all respect, being a reserve goalltender for an English Premier League club and now an SPL club is NOT being "inactive". We also know that even while on his short vacation home, he was practicing wiht local teams.

The important thing generally is whether a player, any player, is both fit and has experience working with the national team. In the latter category, Onstad barely has an edge on Lars in that department, given the complete lack of preparation between Belize and Honduras, and the fact that the backfield formation for Honduras will be (hopefully) different than the August 18 one anyway.

My attitude is that we need a radical move. I think Lars is a better player when it comes specifically comes to moving into an unprepared team and a volatile situation. Onstad is a good player when he is completely comfortable and mechanical with his backfield as he is in San Jose (California). This is more like the situation of the MLS all-star match, and we all know how lousy Onstad was in that this year. In terms of the MNT, Pat has been largely inactive as well as ineffective.

I just have next to no understanding about Sutton's ability under pressure and in fire situations, I've only seen him play once here, and when he played in Edmonton in June, he was only ordinary for that match. Suttonn might be a unjustified gamble, I just don't know.

To me though, keeping Pat in over Lars is a much bigger gamble in the present context, and we need the move. Merely hoping that De Vos and a minor reshuffling of the rest of the backline will keep the ball away from Pat is not good enough given that we have to pull out all the stops NOW.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Paul who?

Pat, I meant[:I]. I changed it. It was a freudian slip, as Onstad "palls" in comparison to Lars in a high pressure unfamiliar situation.

Another point is that Sutton (at least the Impact) will be very busy Labour Day weekend in the two-match Conference semi-finals, so someone else should be called in for second GK. Zagar will also be in similiar circumstances. And both may advance to the next two game series the next weekend. So, we may need another second GK on the rooster. Why not call Lars in as second GK and see how he does in the warm-ups and drills before the match compared to Pat? That's fair, isn't it?

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Pat, I meant[:I]. Zagar will also be in similiar circumstances. And both may advance to the next two game series the next weekend. match compared to Pat? That's fair, isn't it?

Last I heard, Zagar wasn't starting for Rochester. Also, Roc might not make the playoffs

Archived