Anyone else still sick to their stomach ???

kelownaguy

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

4 long years of waiting, and checking this board to see how our lads are progressing along all over the globe...New hopes are formed only to be dashed as we realize nothing has changed over the last 4 years. New coach that everybody likes , new players that are supposedly a huge improvement over the last squad, new offensive system that should net us some goals....yet... the same old results... Maybe I'm writing this out of pure frustaration and disgust, but I just didn't see anything tonight in this game that looked any different then those past failures... A couple more games like this and its going to be another very long 4 years of waiting. We are going to have to improve big time just to stay in the game with Honduras , and at this point, I really don't think it can be done. I'll still be cheering for Canada, but it will certainly be low expectations yet again..

Bro I understand your frustration! I'm frustrated too and yesterday I wrote that it will be worse vs Honduras! but now that I cooled off a bit I think we can still come back in this semi final round! I been follwing Canada since 1993 when we came very close in making it to USA 94 and even if we dont make it to Germany I will always support them!

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

You think you are ****ing bitter?

I came here on money I didn't have... for that.

I fought cops..., on a couple occasions..., for others... "HEY DON"T PUT A HAMMER LOCK ON THAT, GUY, CAUSE IT ISN't WORTH IT AND HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHGING!!!"

Now I'm ****ed and angry, suffering from estrogen poisoning and I gotta get home somehow.

Big thumbs down to Moosehead and y'all, who owed me 75 cents after I walked 20 blocks to get beer for everybody and returned exact change, but wouldn't lend me a dollar to afford a 6-pack for consolation.

Word up to the guy at the gay bar who let me buy an $11 six pack for $10-.

My love to Krammer, Ian Canada, R2 specially and Nazz and the Southsiders. Y'all were hella cool!!! Luv luv luv but you ****ers really could have lent me $1.25

Nazz... I will honour my commitment and pay for the Oct game, but you better make sure they are ready for me and I get treated better that time.[B)]

Hey I would have lent you the money, but I left to check out the situation with the hauled away southsiders, took a leak and left with 10 minutes on the clock so I wasn't there when you needed the money. Besides, I wasn't there yet when they sent you to pick up the beer. When I arrived I had brough a case of beer with me. Anyway, watching me take the 8 foot fall off the end of the bleachers and landing on my ass on the track must have been one of the highlights for you. Thankfully the track in kind of soft.

The midfield was the problem as was the lack of cohesion, the boys couldn't string two passes together. the team chemistry wasn't there obviously because they've had so little time playing together. I have never seen so much confusion among the MNT.

Don't get me wrong, the backline was horrible too as was the keeper. But it seemed like the midfield lacked the creativity or the cohesion to create any decent goal scoring chances. The chances that came were out of nowhere and could have resulted in fluke goal.

I wouldn't start Serioux in midfield before Brennan, Stalteri, Hutchinson, deGuzman, or Hume. He'll have to contend for a subbing spot for now along with Imhof and Bircham. He just doesn't have the experience to warrant a starting position. Neither does Simpson... and with Atiba on the bench of all people.

The advantage the "vets" have over players like Serioux, Simpson and Peters is that they should at least be able to gel before important games like this.

Wake up Yallop! This is not a very good time to experiment with your lineup!! And get Onstad and Watson outta there!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by bobbyl

The midfield was the problem as was the lack of cohesion, the boys couldn't string two passes together. the team chemistry wasn't there obviously because they've had so little time playing together. I have never seen so much confusion among the MNT.

Don't get me wrong, the backline was horrible too as was the keeper. But it seemed like the midfield lacked the creativity or the cohesion to create any decent goal scoring chances. The chances that came were out of nowhere and could have resulted in fluke goal.

I wouldn't start Serioux in midfield before Brennan, Stalteri, Hutchinson, deGuzman, or Hume. He'll have to contend for a subbing spot for now along with Imhof and Bircham. He just doesn't have the experience to warrant a starting position. Neither does Simpson... and with Atiba on the bench of all people.

The advantage the "vets" have over players like Serioux, Simpson and Peters is that they should at least be able to gel before important games like this.

Wake up Yallop! This is not a very good time to experiment with your lineup!! And get Onstad and Watson outta there!!!!!

The only way to gel is to play friendlies together, nothing else matters.

The problem that I saw and the reason I say the backline was the issue is because when they would collect the ball, they would always pass it back at the keeper or make a lousy pass that got intercepted, If it went to the keeper, Onstad would either sky the ball or send it out. Now if those plays are better then the Mids get more open space to work with and stretch the Guats out better.

There was some good work by the mids to switch the ball, with excellent crosses to DeRo and he would make a run but loose the ball. What became noticable was that with more open space they were able to generate chances. If the backline can't get them the ball fast enough and telegraphs the pass then no matter who you are in the world your gonna have a tough time making a pass or moving the ball forward.

Classic example Watsons pass along the ground late in the game, that not one but two Guats closed off the gap and then they had numbers running at us. Those are the plays you just can't make ever.

As for Onstad if I ever saw a keeper sky the ball like that he would never play again. One of his skys didn't even make it to the backline, how can you expect to generate scoring when your keeper can't get the ball forward on clears.

quote:Originally posted by bobbyl

The problem that I saw and the reason I say the backline was the issue is because when they would collect the ball, they would always pass it back at the keeper or make a lousy pass that got intercepted, If it went to the keeper, Onstad would either sky the ball or send it out. Now if those plays are better then the Mids get more open space to work with and stretch the Guats out better.

There was some good work by the mids to switch the ball, with excellent crosses to DeRo and he would make a run but loose the ball. What became noticable was that with more open space they were able to generate chances. If the backline can't get them the ball fast enough and telegraphs the pass then no matter who you are in the world your gonna have a tough time making a pass or moving the ball forward.

Classic example Watsons pass along the ground late in the game, that not one but two Guats closed off the gap and then they had numbers running at us. Those are the plays you just can't make ever.

As for Onstad if I ever saw a keeper sky the ball like that he would never play again. One of his skys didn't even make it to the backline, how can you expect to generate scoring when your keeper can't get the ball forward on clears.

quote:Originally posted by kokanne

I just wrote to the CSA stating that after the Belize ties that

they should have had Canada playing some friendlies, the opponent didn't matter as long as they got some playing time in. If you feel the same forward your concerns to the CSA. The more of us who complain

just maybe they will listen.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Am I reading this right? Some Voyageurs took on the cops? Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

Heyyy!!!!! **** *** *****!!!!

I'm pretty tired... so I am chosing to fly off the handle... but you weren't there dude!!!!!

They were in my face from minute 1. I could barely watch the game. I only ever expect equal treatment, and when that doesn't happen look the **** out! There were 12 guates in my seat and that big ass cop kept telling me to sit down in my seat and made me show my ticket. One guate leaned over and said "You won't last 20 minutes". The kinife guy maybe?

They threatened to arrest me 4 times for offences like swearing. ooohhhh!!!! scarrryy!!!!

I'll have my say after I get some slppe.

Get bent, blind rule follower.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Am I reading this right? Some Voyageurs took on the cops? Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

Hey Theo, it's all true and I was there. RCMP and security went after

Johnnie Monster (Southsider),Krammer, and Current Champ. They were in your face (ask Nolando) and told us to sit down during the game. But we did the wave and of course they couldn't stop that. It was embarassing

to see a Canadian fan held in an armlock, while being taunted by a Guatemalan. When I calm down eventually, maybe I'll write the CSA.

Good luck to Current Champ, Johnnie, Krammerhead, Nolando, and the

rest of the boys. Meeting you guys was a highlight, almost as much

as Christina Stalteri meeting with us and giving away Paul Stalteri cards ...

Archived