Anyone else still sick to their stomach ???

kelownaguy

4 long years of waiting, and checking this board to see how our lads are progressing along all over the globe...New hopes are formed only to be dashed as we realize nothing has changed over the last 4 years. New coach that everybody likes , new players that are supposedly a huge improvement over the last squad, new offensive system that should net us some goals....yet... the same old results... Maybe I'm writing this out of pure frustaration and disgust, but I just didn't see anything tonight in this game that looked any different then those past failures... A couple more games like this and its going to be another very long 4 years of waiting. We are going to have to improve big time just to stay in the game with Honduras , and at this point, I really don't think it can be done. I'll still be cheering for Canada, but it will certainly be low expectations yet again..

Part of me thinks that we're just cursed...I mean, on paper, we are better than we were! But, at the same time, I watch the way we played and...I just don't know. I really don't know. I have to agree, kelownaguy, but part of me is still optimistic. You know. The stupid part.

Guest Georgio

I just hope there isn't any dissention that arises within this new team, that they all try to be positive and look forward. We can do all the bitching we like as fans but I hope the players keep there heads on what is important. And Yallop & the CSA better f*cking wake up and make sure that we are prepared and peaking as a team before our qualifiers, not two months before our qualifiers. Preperation is key.

After watching the game live and then watching the TV version, im sick of the sportsnet announcers, Forrest especially. How do you expect to generate fans without being for your own country. They talked more about Guatemala then about the canadian team, and they talked alot about the Guatemalans listening back home. How about the blind commentator in Guatemala.

This is complete utter fcuking bullsh!t

Fire Onstad, he sucks!!! I have never seen a keeper do so little in a crucial WCQ game!!! Did he even make one decent save??? The nats can't play worth sh!t in front of him. BRING BACK LARS!!!!

Watson is so slow, he totally gave up on the second Ruiz goal!! He is a waste of time, worse than even Fenwick!!! For God's sake BRING BACK FCUKING MENESES!!!!!

Oh, and Fernando Aguiar isn't going to save the nats either!

Unless you start this lineup, you haven't got a hope in hell:

Greg Sutton

Lars Hirschfeld

Jason deVos

Kevin McKenna

Paul Stalteri

Ante Jazic

Tony Meneses

Daniel Imhof

Marc Bircham

Mike Klukowski

Jim Brennan

Atiba Hutchinson

Julian deGuzman

Iain Hume

Tomasz Radzinski

Paul Peschisolido

Dwayne de Rosario

Olivier Occean

You can kiss your world cup dreams goodbye Canada!

Yeah, I'd throw in Serioux for an injured Marc Bircham, but I wouldn't start a player just because he can throw a ball.

JDV, Radz and McKenna better get well in a hurry or else we're freakin' toast!

I'm gonna call Radzinski's mom in the morning and complain that he's a no show again!

Now that you look at it, Neil was right all along when he said that we just don't finish our chances and that we are gonna get burned in the next round for this very reason. He had Radz in tears, but it was nothin' but the truth!

Honestly, Serioux should start, he is perfect for the holding mid pos, Bircham should maybe fit in to the Back. Stop looking at the Midfield as the problem, it was definetly not the problem! The whole game the backs were horrible, They screwed up with their passes, they made lousy plays with the ball, and they let the Guats run passed them far too often. If they can't get the ball forward how do you expect the mids to do anything with it, most of the time they went back to onstad and he made a lousy clearing.

For the next game our midfield looks strong, Yallop will probably go with DeRosario, De Guzman, Serioux and Hume. Serioux having lots of experience at the back will be a great holding mid. Then you can move Imhof to the back and you have Devos and maybe Bircham and Stalteri.

Occean and Radz to start with Pesch and Peters off the bench for forwards or move De Rosario up and put in any of the other many peoples choices in to replace him. But please stop looking at the mid as the problem. the backline is by far the biggest concern, it was the same in the Belize series, they looked weak.

Guest Georgio

Just throw a ball? Serioux distributed the ball well, never lost possession for us, won his challenges and played better then the other two central midfielders to play tonight (Deguzman and Imhoff). He did the same for Millwall and that is why he was the player of the match in his first match with a Millwall supporter specifically asking why in the world Bircham would ever start for our Nats over him. I like Bircham because he leaves it all on the pitch but Serioux is a better, much more well rounded player and I am confident you will agree by his play in the future. The guy is good.

You think you are ****ing bitter?

I came here on money I didn't have... for that.

I fought cops..., on a couple occasions..., for others... "HEY DON"T PUT A HAMMER LOCK ON THAT, GUY, CAUSE IT ISN't WORTH IT AND HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHGING!!!"

Now I'm ****ed and angry, suffering from estrogen poisoning and I gotta get home somehow.

Big thumbs down to Moosehead and y'all, who owed me 75 cents after I walked 20 blocks to get beer for everybody and returned exact change, but wouldn't lend me a dollar to afford a 6-pack for consolation.

Word up to the guy at the gay bar who let me buy an $11 six pack for $10-.

My love to Krammer, Ian Canada, R2 specially and Nazz and the Southsiders. Y'all were hella cool!!! Luv luv luv but you ****ers really could have lent me $1.25

Nazz... I will honour my commitment and pay for the Oct game, but you better make sure they are ready for me and I get treated better that time.[B)]

quote:Honestly, Serioux should start, he is perfect for the holding mid pos, Bircham should maybe fit in to the Back.

Trust me as someone who saw it week in, week out for Millwall -- Bircham as a full-back is a recipe for disaster. As soon as he comes up against any half-decent winger he'll be lost. And I saw him play there at English Second Division level. As an international full-back? No way. He can do a job in midfield simply because of the amount of ground he covers but play him at right-back and you'll be conceding so many goals, just because the rest of your defence have to come out of position to cover his mistakes.

I think we looked shellshocked right off the bat because we were actually up against decent opposition and not an amateur-type team like Belize who probably would get beaten by a lot of our own university teams. Guatemala came in very well prepared , didn't they hammer Trinidad and Tobago 4-1 in the last couple weeks??? Obviously on paper we have more talent, but our preparation and mindset was so far behind Guatemala's and it showed bigtime. Pesch should only be coming on as a super sub in the last 20-25 minutes, don't think he should be playing the full 90, Simpson will be a great one for us in 3-4 years but looked like he was in over his head last night so I agree with Serioux (he impressed me) starting in his place, can't wait to get Hume , Radz and Devos back in that lineup. There is definitely a huge problem at the backend, as I mentioned in another forum, even Belize was exposing us for glaring mistakes and weaknesses back there but didn't have the talent to capitalize on it, a good team with a goalscorer or two will though, (as Ruiz proved) . I really don't see how anything will change for us over the next 2 weeks before we take on Honduras but one can always pray for miracles...

I'm incensed and embarrassed. I really need to get my mind on other things until Labour day weekend as it's put me in a foul mood.

The Canadian team can play a million times better than what we saw last night.

I just hope that by labour day weekend I will be surprised and delighted by the team playing above my expectations for them, rather than several million light years below what I think they are capable of.

G-L, I share your pain and frustration. I'm so fed up with a national association that just doesn't get it, that pisses around for years and never does the obvious things that need to be done to move football ahead in this country. I fear that I won't live long enough to see things change at the CSA. I fear that in another four years we will be losing to Belize in the preliminary round.

Guest Georgio

I personally don't think any of you are giving up on the team, nor am I. It's a cycle, we get up, we lose, we get down, we get optimistic (and rightly so with the talent on this squad) and then we try again.

oh yeah, and one more thing,, was anybody else in the second half waiting and waiting for Frankie to put Atiba in the game ?? That guy just has a knack for making things happen, on several occasions I've seen him get through a pile of 4 or 5 guys to set someone up for an easy goal. Oh well, maybe we'll get to see him as a sub next game.

Archived