Aguiar leaves Landskrona

Dandal

Well, after reading the club's press statement and an interview with the general manager, it seems to be like this:

Aguiar was not match fit when he joined and then suffered a knee injury that recuired surgery. It will probably still be months before he's fit for first team action. Landskrona is in deep trouble in the league and need players with Aguiar's capacity and pay-check to contribute now. According to reports Aguiar is happy with the solution, both financially and since he's no longer tied up to the club, but is now a free agent.

Fernando Aguiar is back in Portugal, negotiating to play with Academica of Coimbra, in the top league. The article says that the only issue is whether the figure he has asked for is too high.

http://www.abola.pt/wsab/FutNacional/ArqTxt1L/academic01.htm

(in Portuguese)

The Managing Director of Academia, Simoes, had the same position at Benfica, and is on good terms with him. They still love calling him "Robocop":D.

My bet is that the wife missed Portugal big time.

• 2 weeks later...

Fernando was initially very happy with Landskrona. He said that they were 'very professional, and well organized.' He didn't require surgery on his knee, just an orthoscopic examination. Regarding the cold: He said that it was kind of interesting because the season ends in November, and he was excited about spending Christmas at home with his family.

I have seen on the web that he is playing for a SuperLiga club called Penfiel. He usually does very well when given first team status and playing time. Which was what he was going to get in Sweden, and what he will get back in Portugal. Because of this he won't need to call his coach 'asshole.' Not like he did with the appropriately described Lenarduzzi.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Another for the list ?

Lenarduzzi and Watson are assholes and Yallop is an idiot. Any choice words for Holger ?

No. It all starts with Lenarduzzi, everyone else took his input and ignored fern while he was on smaller SuperLiga clubs. Guess who got his number and phoned him two days after he signed with Benfica? ....Holger. Quelle Surprise?

Regarding Yallop: Fern could have proved himself against Ireland and the Czechs if his wife didn't go into false labor with their 2nd child. He was pumped, motivated and excited for the first time in 6 years about representing Canada, which he loves dearly. Then Yallop squashed it.

It still boggles my mind how Aguiar was left off the roster for the Wales game and the ensuing Belize series. But, when you start to look at Yallop's non-selection recently of players like Brennan, Nsaliwa, and Klukowski, but his addition of an unproven 17 year old, you really have to wonder about our national team coach.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

It still boggles my mind how Aguiar was left off the roster for the Wales game and the ensuing Belize series. But, when you start to look at Yallop's non-selection recently of players like Brennan, Nsaliwa, and Klukowski, but his addition of an unproven 17 year old, you really have to wonder about our national team coach.

You know? I'm with you 100%. BUT, I must say that 17 year old was one of the most energetic and exciting things I've seen in Canadian soccer for a long time.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

The only surprise omissions were Brennan and Nsaliwa.

Both are with new clubs and may have asked Yallop to pass on them for the first matches.

Didn't Yallop mention that he rates Simpson higher then Brennan or am I mistaken? And Nsaliwa has to improve his game or something?

This is what I don't understand about Yallop:

Nsaliwa plays bad in Olympic qualifying, most likely because he's recovering from an injury, and is since blacklisted from the national team, despite constantly playing for his club team (you have to figure the level of the Bundesliga II is equal to the "Championship")

Josh Simpson has a horrid World Cup qualifying game, but is stilled called up.

How does this make sense?

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

This is what I don't understand about Yallop:

Nsaliwa plays bad in Olympic qualifying, most likely because he's recovering from an injury, and is since blacklisted from the national team, despite constantly playing for his club team (you have to figure the level of the Bundesliga II is equal to the "Championship")

Josh Simpson has a horrid World Cup qualifying game, but is stilled called up.

Simpson did not have a "horrid game", he simply looked jet-lagged as much as the rest of the team.

And who said Nsaliwa was "blacklisted"? Perhaps Tam asked to first get established with his new club before playing for Canada ? Tam wasn't present but the reason for his omission is unknown.

Archived