UdSherbrooke Stadium Pictures

Daniel

Heck, that should be a potential A-League Stadium, At least the PDL. They could probably draw decent crowds and work on a derby with Montreal.

If we ever start a CUSL I think the key would be in having two or three teams in each Major city. That also helps cut down on travel time. Im only talking Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton Area's. I don't think the other cities could support two A-League level franchises. But it requires stadiums like that Sherbrooke Stadium. Not big ass stadiums like Commonwealth.

Sherbrooke has a population of about 150,000. During the summer, it becomes a ghost town because the 20,000 or so students at UdS go back home. It has just lost its junior hockey team (moved to Maine) because of lack of support. It's too small for the A-League and probably the PDL.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Charleston has a metropolitain area population of 500,000-1,000,000 I believe.

Well 549,000 but how many people are really travelling all over South Carolina attending games?

Okay, well Abbotsford has a PDL team and their metropolitan population is listed at 147,370.

http://www.fact-index.com/l/li/list_of_the_100_largest_metropolitan_areas_in_canada.html

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Looks pretty good. Hard to argue against the size of the venue given that two matchs are to be played out of Swangard this round.

Sherbrooke's close enough to Montreal to allow fans to day trip it, no?

An hour and a half....

Archived