vancouver vs seattle 08/15

snake

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

are you serious krammer?

I'm absolutely serious. A waste of my time. Wasting my money is one thing but wasting my time is another. On an average day the time it takes to leave for a Whitecaps game until the time I get home is 5-6 hours. If the team can't provide ANY entertainment there's no point in going anymore.

i understand your point. but what if all 5000+ that went to the game said the same thing? the next thing you know the team has folded. c'mon k-head, i know you go to a tonne of games, but you can't give up on a team like that. put into perspective what they've just gone through on the road. add to that the heat. 5 games in 10 days? do you think manchester united would provide anymore entertainment with the same squad restrictions and travelling conditions the whitecaps just endured.

you can't seriously tell me if in one month or so the whitecaps are hosting the a-league final you won't go to the game and cheer them on? if you give up on the team now, i'd say don't go at all without admitting your guilt at abandoning the club because things have gone rough.

alright, i'm ready, lay it on me.

Ah, the vicious formula of the A-League schedule.

(Reducing travel expences) + (short playing season) + (overtime) = the square root of (crap football) - (poor attendance) / (gate revenue) where (gate revenue) is the primary factor for future calculations of following A-League schedule formulas using the same data stream.

And oh yeah, don't forget to add in the weight of a 100 year snow storm or the whole fu'king thing might collapse and you'd get an F.

Don't forget next wednesdays class we'll be working on our Rye & Ginger as panty remover formulas so be sure to have all your data gathered this weekend. And remember, you'll be expected to show your work!

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

i understand your point. but what if all 5000+ that went to the game said the same thing? the next thing you know the team has folded.

A teams responsibility is to provide attractive soccer so that prospect doesn't happen. A sellout crowd in Vancouver last night and the team forces the opposition keeper to make just 2 saves? Even then I must have missed the two shots on Burpo, probably fabricated those. Horse crap! This is string of lots of home games where they have been just plain old dull, with the team playing negative soccer.

Put it this way. Even Toronto has scored more goals than the Whitecaps and Toronto's played 2 fewer games. Vancouver's scored just 3 more goals than Calgary, and remember all of the publicity Vancouvers pre-season signing garnered in regards to players scoring prowess. Well it's true that one of these signings leads the team in goals, however Davide Xausa's 6 goals isn't exactly tearing up the league.

Here are some excerpts from Seattles Ron Stickney's match report to back up how bad it was:

quote:First Half

Other than a yellow card each way, there was nothing to note in the first half. Welton actually took a shot for Seattle from wide right, but it was negated by a foul in front of goal. The closest Vancouver came to a shot was an inswinging corner kick taken by Martin Nash, caught by Burpo.

quote:Vancouver's first shot of the match came in the 53rd minute when Chris Franks fired a 30-yard shot up the middle and was a yard above the corner of the goal. Seattle's first shot was a blast taken by substitute Chad Brown, not close.

quote:Vancouver's best chance came in the 90th minute when the ball was centered for Dave Morris, open for a quick turn-and-shoot that was blasted right into Burpo's midsection. A generous dose of added time failed to result in another shot.

The schedule is not a forgiving one but the team must undserstand the fans come out to be entertained ... we know most visiting teams come in to Swangard and defend but our home team should not do the same. I dont think the team was all fired up for this match as the feel for the game is oh well we just need a win in the next couple of matches to "lock" a spot.

Jeckle and Hyde

Well I tooks some snaps and put them up on my site (plus I stole one of David Falks).

They are huge ass, I'm sick of shrinking them to such a small size resulting in crap pictures, so if you are on dial up you may want to give them a pass. I am also sure that tripod will shut me down for exceeding my bandwidth. You'll find the pictures in Gallery 1 and 2 and the news section.

http://newheads.tripod.com/swangardsouth/

DSCF0033.JPG

Um, what exactly are these guys doing to the cup Seattle intends to win next season (if we have a team)???

http://www.geocities.com/iaincanada2004/cup.html?1092729531359

http://www.geocities.com/iaincanada2004/goofy.html?1092730345984

More pics from the day/cup presentation in Vancouver:

http://soundercentral.com/gallery/Alberta?page=5

Recap and cup standings:

http://soundercentral.com/CascadiaCup/cascadia_cup.htm

Archived