New Brunswick Senior Final

argh1

Yes from that part of Canada , just a little south-east of BUTT CRACK NO-WHERE [:P].

Where profesional sports is something you see on television or travel huge distances to see and probably always will be .

The Final for New / Nouveau Brunswick's representive to the Challenge Cup will be decided between Moncton First Touch & Fundy United .

Moncton beat New Maryland United ( Fredericton ) & will play Fundy United ( Saint John ) who recieved a bye to the final by being the top N.B. team in the P.E.I.-N.B. Senior League .

EDIT :

Jubilee Cup representitve will be decided this weekend as well.

Fredericton and Saint John meet to see who plays Moncton in the final.

All at Rocky Stone Memorial Field which seats maybe 3,500 with temporary seating ;) but with brand new FieldTurf

quote:Originally posted by coppercanuck

In Centennial Park just off St. George Street.

Ahh, c'mon you coulda made it sound much more complicated than that !

After exiting the TCH from Nova Scotia take Wheeler Blvd heading west. Take the last exit before Riverview which would be St. George Blvd. east exit . Ah forget it we're a small town with three main streets . Main St. , Mountain Rd. , and St. George it can't be done unless you're a CABBIE [:o)]

argh1:

Questions re: Rocky Stone Memorial Field and Canada Games Stadium

How many spectators can each hold (maximum) and can they be expanded

Is there a track around the fields?

If a pro team comes to New Brunswick (as part of a Canadian League or as part of the USL) which stadium would be ideal?

Are there any photos of the stadiums??

quote:Originally posted by Impact supporter

argh1:

If a pro team comes to New Brunswick (as part of a Canadian League or as part of the USL) which stadium would be ideal?

Well happy to answer what I can. First of all I was being a bit of a dick about the post besides posting New Brunswick soccer results . Since I enjoy picking on our larger centres (esp. T-O ) and I live in a city of 120,000 and I still think they're counting household pets too.

So we're in the Kelowna , Kingston , Peterboro , Trois-Rivieres ,Thunder Bay range of cities.

But I'll still post my opinions freely even though whatever happens for soccer in T-O or any-other of our large centres won't affect my reality.

So, to answer your questions . No I can't see pro soccer here travel alone would kill us.

But a Maritime Senior League may hopefully be workable some-day.

I can't find much for you on the fields . Except to say Rocky Stone is used mostly by High School 3 down football and Minor 3 down football. So it's your typical High School football field . All seating is bleachers and the city puts up those metal temp bleachers for anything special. Can't find any-thing to show you except a map of Centennial Park Rectagular bit on extreme right

UNBSJ FIELD .....Canada Games Stadium At least there's a picture .

quote:Originally posted by aussoccerfan

who won the moncton vs fundy united final ?

Fundy United ( Saint John ) won both mens and womens finals 1-0

Strangly this A.M.'s paper reported the attendance of the " Maritime Bowl " of the Maritime Football Union as 800 also at Rocky Stone Field .

MONCTON won.

Also reported "RAWLINGS" NB Senior Baseball Quarter Finals in Moncton v Saint John Alpines as 1000 attendance

Full coverage of N.B. Rugby Football Union .

But no attendance of either soccer final ?

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Fundy United ( Saint John ) won both mens and womens finals 1-0

Strangly this A.M.'s paper reported the attendance of the " Maritime Bowl " of the Maritime Football Union as 800 also at Rocky Stone Field .

MONCTON won.

Also reported "RAWLINGS" NB Senior Baseball Quarter Finals in Moncton v Saint John Alpines as 1000 attendance

Full coverage of N.B. Rugby Football Union .

But no attendance of either soccer final ?

http://www.canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040816/TTEBRIEF/308160103/-1/PERMGALL0019

• 4 months later...
quote:Originally posted by Impact supporter

argh1:

Canada Games Stadium- Saint John

http://www.unb.ca/prospective/photo_album/photo_35.html

Yeah that's it guy. Tennis courts, lawn bowling and horseshoe pits to the left. Man made wave pool top left. That's our little football field . Overhead view of Centennial park's main entrance road. As with most things in Moncton temp bleachers are added as needed.Like I said your typical High School field.

How'd you manage to get those pic's ? You're a better surfer than I , my friend.

EDIT: OKAY......this is the 3 or I lost count beer later edit......

My favourite temp bleachers at any event are those ones that fold out of those transport trailers. The trucks roll in and open the side of the trailer and pull out bleachers with some concession selling on the roof of the trailer.But pick your trailer, the Tim Horton's sponsored, the McDonalds, the pizza joint, etc. I prefer the Moosehead, Labatts or Molson trailers. Depends on your taste? Damn I'm small town [:o)] With those you can make any field, beach , parade route, baseball , softball type event a small stadium. It's free enterprise guys , you pay this much to park your trailer and sell as much as you can. All for the price of a general admision ticket.

aussoccerfan if you're that interested this would maybe be the best pic of facilities in that end of town.

Rocky Stone , tennis courts and lawnbowling in Centennial Park in the foreground and the CN Sportplex the background. Six bluegrass soccer fields to the right, 4 Ice Centre in the middle and 10 baseball fields to the left.This also is where the dome will go up this year adding two inside fields. It's called the CN Sportplex because untill say 15 (?) years ago that's where the CN and before that Intercolonial Railway shops were.

LINK HERE

Thanks for providing the link to the photo gallery, my friend.

I will also bore you with one of my favourite summertime haunts

Kiwanis Park picture

If you notice the stands don't go all the way down the left field line because that's where the bullpens are.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

aussoccerfan if you're that interested this would maybe be the best pic of facilities in that end of town.

Rocky Stone , tennis courts and lawnbowling in Centennial Park in the foreground and the CN Sportplex the background. Six bluegrass soccer fields to the right, 4 Ice Centre in the middle and 10 baseball fields to the left.This also is where the dome will go up this year adding two inside fields. It's called the CN Sportplex because untill say 15 (?) years ago that's where the CN and before that Intercolonial Railway shops were.

LINK HERE

Thanks for providing the link to the photo gallery, my friend.

I will also bore you with one of my favourite summertime haunts

Kiwanis Park picture

If you notice the stands don't go all the way down the left field line because that's where the bullpens are.

argh1 - I just searched for a picture of that field, because I wanted to see what it looked like.

Archived