Big interview with Josh Simpson in The Sun

....in their match report of Plymouth v Millwall.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004362166,00.html

(The Sun is probably the most read English national paper. Even if it is basically comic book. Think slightly more respectable National Inquirer and you won't be much off the mark).

Incidentally guys, I have seen surprisingly few .ca email addresses in the latest registrations over on HOF. Get your fingers out :D If Josh misses any more sitters, knowing how demanding our fans are and how easily they get on players' backs, he'll need you on the Controversial Corner forum to fight his corner!

---

www.hof.org.uk

The Online Millwall Fanzine

WISE LOOKING TO BUY AFTER INJURY HITS IFILL.

BY LEO SPALL

240 words

9 August 2004

The Evening Standard

English

© 2004 Associated Newspapers. All rights reserved

PAUL IFILL is set to miss Millwall's next two games with a calf injury.

The 24-year-old was hurt during the first-half of his side's goalless draw at Plymouth and was due to go for tests on the injury today.

Dennis Wise cannot afford for one of his best players to be out for too long.

The player-manager has had little luck in the transfer market this summer and believes his squad is lacking sufficient quality to make a sustained promotion challenge.

Wise said: 'Their player caught Ifill on the back of his calf. It certainly looks like he is going to miss at least our next two games, if not more.'

Millwall play Wigan at The Den tomorrow night and Leicester at home on Saturday.

Canadian youngster Josh Simpson may get a chance to stake his claim in Ifill's absence. The 21-year-old midfielder was signed on a two-year deal last week and made his Millwall debut as a substitute at Plymouth.

But Wise is hopeful he will be able to spend some of the money from Tim Cahill's £2million move to Everton.

He said: 'I have a lot of young lads in the side. Having not been able to get those players I wanted in the summer, I will be trying very hard to bring in some soon.'

Archived