Canada vs Costa Rica to be played in Vancouver

Jarrek

Montreal would be a great place to play (Ottawa being only 2 hours away). And on the topic of lack of interest, When has TO ever had a huge crowd for NT game? You'll never know what Montreal could draw until you actually have a game there.

And regardless of whom Canada plays, tickets should be sold on a first come first served basis. It's up to us to cheer our team in numbers. AND It's not up to us to use silly tactics to avoid letting "foreigners" into our parks. “Can you pronounce Regina?” “Have you eaten Kraft Dinner?” NO? Sorry go home.

The best thing about Euro was watching 20 thousand Dutch cheer on their team in Portugal against the locals. If you don't like ethnics sitting next to you, take in a LPGA event.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by G-Man

The best thing about Euro was watching 20 thousand Dutch cheer on their team in Portugal against the locals. If you don't like ethnics sitting next to you, take in a LPGA event.

I'm not sure, but I think you completely missed the point of why most supporters wanted to limit the number of seats sold to non-Canadians.

On a different note, I was thinking about this issue today and as much as I wished the game would be out here, Vancouver seems like a good choice. The main sticking point against it was that the team would be jetlagged, but then I realized that most of the players would be jetlagged no matter where the game is. Is 3 more hours going to make that much more of a difference for those coming across the pond? (not a rhetorical question, I really want to know) If they're going to be jetlagged no matter what, why not choose a location that will a) sell-out and B) be comfortable to the players (pitch-wise etc.)

More and more it seems like Vancouver was a good choice. Dammit.[}:)]

Archived