Steve Kean on Tomasz Radzinski at Fulham

Timotas

Steve Kean takes a look at Fulham's summer signings...

The summer transfer window has seen a flurry activity as Sean Davis, Jon Harley, Barry Hayles, Mark Hudson and Andrejs Stolcers all departed for pastures new.

To date, the Whites have captured five new players and fulhamfc.com caught up with Assistant Manager Steve Kean for the low-down on Fulham's new boys:

KEANO ON ANDREW COLE

Andrew adds fantastic movement to the front line and his track record speaks for itself.

He makes some very intelligent runs and makes it very easy for the guy on the ball to make his mind up. He's got a very calm and collected personality and he mixed in with the rest of the lads straight away.

We've never told him that he has to help out the lesser experienced players in the squad but he's the type of person does that anyway. Today during a session I could hear him telling Zat Knight 'I wouldn't like it if you were in this type of position'. You can see that giving back to the team is something he does naturally.

KEANO ON TOMASZ RADZINSKI

He'll bring a bit of pace and power to the front line and can play as a striker or in a wide attacking position - so he gives us good options. When we played against Everton last season he was one of the players who caused us lots of problems. That's one of the reasons why we brought him in as soon as we knew he was available.

We sometimes play with a front three so we think that Tomasz will enjoy having a lot of freedom within that system. If we play with two front men I imagine he would play just off the main striker.

KEANO ON PAPA BOUBA DIOP

He had his first training session with the lads on Monday. He sees a lot of situations in midfield with a defender's eye and he'll do a similar job to Martin Djetou.

A lot of people will remember him for his performance against France in the last World Cup when he kept Patrick Vieira out of the game and managed to score the winning goal.

He's a big lad and got very good reviews last year in France. Of course, we've already got a nice French contingent here so that always helps when bedding in new players.

KEANO ON CLAUS JENSEN

Claus is someone who the fans will immediately see as a 'Fulham' player. He likes to pass the ball and have everything go through him. We think he'll be fantastic signing for us. He can disguise a pass very well and I would imagine he'd play quite a few final passes to the front guys.

We saw his ability from set pieces against Hearts on Saturday when he delivered a pinpoint cross right on to Zat's head. I'm sure he'll be a threat from free kicks and corners. We're absolutely delighted to get him.

KEANO ON BILLY MCKINLAY

Billy has a great level of fitness for a senior player. When he's not required in the first team he'll go down to the reserve team and help the young boys. I'm sure Paul Nevin will agree that over the last four seasons the presence of players like John Collins, Paul Trollope and Steve Hayward was of great benefit to the reserve team.

Last season we didn't really have a senior guy on the pitch helping to bring the young boys through so Billy's brief will also address that aspect.

=====================================================================

Source: www.fulhamfc.com

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/displaynews.asp?id=5233

Archived