Liverpool - Porto (Photos)

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by canadiankick97

Nice photos Jarrek. You get a good view from the 500's it seems.

As long as you have a telephoto lens and a pair of binoculars. Seriously guys, the 500-level at SkyDome is about as horrible as it gets for a view of anything (at least for stadiums of 50,000 or less).

quote:Originally posted by marcl_19

I went to a couple jays games at the 500 level when i lived in T.O. and the 500 level really isnt that bad.....skydome DOES look great as a soccer stadium.......the csa should buy it and convert it permantly ;) (jk of course

honestly, i wish csa will actually do that~~[|)]

i have no love for the Jays [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Amac, were you at the game????

Cause im pretty sure my tickets for the game were pretty sweet and i was in the 500's

Well, being at a live soccer match is always sweet. I always like to sit in the top level at stadiums because you usually get a better overview of all the action. I'm just saying SkyDome was the worse top-level I've ever been to in terms of seeing the action. It's just too damn high!

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Well, being at a live soccer match is always sweet. I always like to sit in the top level at stadiums because you usually get a better overview of all the action. I'm just saying SkyDome was the worse top-level I've ever been to in terms of seeing the action. It's just too damn high!

I guess that's a problem with all stadiums built within the last 20 years, I'm afraid. It's all those private boxes and club seats in the middle sections that push the upper decks higher and higher.

quote:Originally posted by Metro

I guess that's a problem with all stadiums built within the last 20 years, I'm afraid. It's all those private boxes and club seats in the middle sections that push the upper decks higher and higher.

True. The other problem with new stadiums is the designers want all the seats to have unobstructed views. Unfortunately, when you try to accomplish this goal you end up with a pile of crap like SkyDome, Corel Centre, Fleet Centre, etc, etc. These idiot architects forget that if we wanted an unobstructed view from 5 miles away, we'd watch on TV.

Archived