Papa Bouba Diop joins Radzinski

Timotas

Senegal star Diop joins Fulham

Fulham have signed Senegal World Cup star Papa Bouba Diop from French club Lens.

Pape Bouba Diop: Cottager (GettyImages)

The 26-year-old defensive midfielder has signed a four-year deal after joining the London club for an undisclosed fee.

Diop joins new signings Andy Cole, Tomasz Radzinski and Claus Jensen at Craven Cottage.

Manager Chris Coleman told the club's official website: 'I have already said how important these last few weeks have been to the club in terms of our signings, and I am more than delighted to have been able to secure the services of some quality players.'

Diop was one of the stars of Senegal's run to the World Cup quarter-finals two years ago and came to global attention when he scored the only goal in the tournament's opening match against then world champions France.

He made 25 appearances in the French top flight for Lens last season, scoring three times, and scored twice in the UEFA Cup.

'It was important that we made some new additions to the current squad and I am confident that the players we have signed will prove to be great additions,' Coleman added.

'We have a tremendous team spirit at Fulham and proven playing ability at the highest level, so I am more than looking forward to the start of next season.'

Source: www.soccernet.com

====================================================================

Looks like Fulham are going all out, even to win the premiership :) I'd love to see that, for Radzinski's sake!

Yeah they do have a thin midfield which doesn't have too much depth. But if Coleman improvises using the depth of his attacking line; ie. radzinski, cole, boa morte, they could have an all out attack midfield and striking force.

Radzinski on the right attacking wing, boa morte attacking midfielder, jensen attacking midfielder, just to name a few examples

Archived