Voyageurs Cup Match 14: Edmonton vs. Toronto [R]

DJT

Odyssium?? Who were the ad wizards that came up with that one? And when did that happen?

I have to admit that Westmount wasn't my usual neck of the woods in Edmonton; I can't picture Coronation 'Stadium' at all. What's the capacity?

Blair

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Well your in luck stranger, the Edmonton FC's next 4 matches are home matches. The first two are at Coronation Stadium,

near the Odyssium Space Sciences Centre (at 111th Avenue and 142 Street, just to the west of Westmount Mall, which is a major bus transit centre). The Northeast pary of town.

Hope to see you there. I usually wear a white and red Coca-Cola baseball cap.

quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

Odyssium?? Who were the ad wizards that came up with that one? And when did that happen?

I have to admit that Westmount wasn't my usual neck of the woods in Edmonton; I can't picture Coronation 'Stadium' at all. What's the capacity?

Blair

Don't know, happened just a few years ago when they jazzed up the old Space centre. I was living out of country at the time.

DIRECTIONS: CORONATION FIELD: Take a bus to the Westmount Bus Terminal - the Field is DIRECTLY west of it! To drive, take the St. Albert Trail South exit off of the Yellowhead Fwy. Turn right at 135 St (north of Westmount mall) and left at 114 Avenue (west of Westmount mall). The field is behind the bus terminal (which is on your right (west).

I don't know the capacity of Coronation Field (I don't know of anyone that has actually been there), but the scuttlebutt is that it's about 1,500. It has been described in several articles as "dilapidated". No beer or other hot food facilities, bring change for the vending machines. It is currently used by the Edmonton Icemen of the Alberta Football League, "formed 19 years ago to give adults an opportunity to continue to play in competitive tackle football".

Note: Good aerial photo of Foote Field, grass field used by Edmonton

FC on the left:

http://www.edmontonstallions.com/Locations.htm

Archived