Worst soccer injury?

Injured reserve

Ouch.

Pulled a hamstring this year which left the back of my thigh black top to bottom, missed a months worth of footie. Not impressed. But it beats the crap out a cast. Cast? Noooo thankyou.

Fellow I used to play with missed two years and is permenantly gimped after a tackle had the bone above his ankle sticking out of two places. Huge brawl afterwords. But that wasn't rec. league, and decades ago.

Hey. Took a puck in the adams apple years ago and was talking like Clint Eastwood/Dave Manson for most of a year. Kinda cool actualy, but hurt like Hell and scared the beegezuss out of me.

Two at once is hard to beat, I must admit.

Some years ago I was full on kicked in the leg trying to block an attempt on goal, which broke my shin. Snap and ouch! The doctor set the bone improperly and a while later I had Demerol pumped into my butt so I could have my leg broken all over again in the hospital and re-set. I was in a brace all summer. Although it was certainly the most spectacular of all my numerous injuries, it’s the one that healed the best in the end. My right ankle never fully recovered from its break.

i saw a few guys break legs and knees.

but for me, the worst has to be 4 concussions, and the time i tore/strained/sprained/pulled every tenden/muscle in my right ankle. i had to wear tape every single day for 2 years and to this day whenever i play sports of any seriousness. that was 10 years ago! my ankle is strong, but not healed. my right leg is a few inches shorter than my left now! my achilles was spared, tho it was numb to the touch for a few hours afterward, so there was some damage i suppose. it was one of those, guy steps on ankle, collapse/stumble. say your platitudes because it doesn't hurt, get up, and fall in a heap because your brain finally caught up with the pain!

i tore both my hip muscles as well.

I tore ligaments in both my knees. I went up for a header and when I came down I landed on another players foot and as I rolled my ankle I felt a pop in my knee so I lifted my leg up, but my other leg hadn't made it to the ground yet so I hurried it to the ground but landed akwardly tearing ligaments in that knee too. It was the MCL in one leg and the ACL in the other but I can't remember which knee suffered which injury anymore, this was about 6 years ago in a high school game.

Guest Jeffery S.

The worst soccer injury is anything that impedes you from ever playing again. That would be an ACL repaired then broken again, or a severe Achiles tendon. In the end a bone break should heal well, and would not have such long-lasting effects as a badly hurt knee or destroyed tendon.

Do youth players in Canada have to do a medical before playing? They have recently made this mandatory for all levels in Catalonia, it could be a bit expensive for some smaller teams -the team must pay, but of course fees compensate this- but kids/teams then have an ongoing, yearly medical record to go by, which is useful.

I have torn both quads a number of times. I tore my right hamstring so bad that it took a year and half to heal (worst pain in my life). I have broken my wrist twice and a finger once. The top of my big toe got snapped (second worst pain of my life - one wouldn't image how much the big toe plays a part in one's life). I have also hand cleats driven into my hand while on the ground by a rather unfriendly player. Playing indoors I tore all the ligaments in my right ankle (3rd worst pain) and one time slid into a door frame and cut a hole right through to my shin bone (pretty gross). After tearing my ankle the player that had stood on it while I was rolling over on it went to get me a block of ice. Upon his return it slipped from his hand and smashed into my forehead as I rolled around on the floor. I have also had a mild fracture in my cheek that caused the right side of my face to go numb for about a week.

The worst part about my injury is that it ended my competitve future in all sports. Before the injury I was a very good basketball player and was receiving scholarship offers from some D2 schools. I was also contacted by a couple of agents about going to Europe instead of college, which I was considering after finding out how much money I could make.

Hockey injuries , you're supposed to have cartlidge in your knees ? The knee caps aren't supposed to be where they are ? Ankles don't bend that way, who says . Well some of my fingers will still straighten out all the way.

LaCrosse injuries .....hahaha ribs , shoulders. Either sport ....nose , teeth

Never played competitive soccer .....choked on some GREEN LEBANESE once ;)

my first time ever playing goalie and i went down to smother the ball...the guy on the other team hoofed at the ball.....problem was, my hand was in the way....broke two fingers pretty bad.....and this was my first impression on playin keeper...aside from that i love the position :D

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Holy.

Think some of us would be better off staying indoors and keeping our athletic adventures to the PS2 where it's safe.

Well. Reasonably safe.

Hehe, worst thing about my wrist cast is that the thumb is immobile so I can't use the right stick on the xbox controller... not that it stops me from trying :)

Once in Maxim Magazine they had the worst sporting injuries ever. A bad one was a guy who got his arm ripped off in a 1,000 man tug-o-war. But, the worst was a rugby player dislocated his femur from his hip socket (not too bad), when they popped it back in on the field he squeeeeeeled in agony. Somehow his testicle was sucked inside of his hip socket, and was crushed by his femur ball-end (toooooooo bad) Ouch, is that possible?

I have had my share of injuries (knees, wrist, ribs, concussions,etc.), but my most bizarre one and gruesome, I might add, happened to me in a game in the Ottawa Premiere League several years ago. It was at Mooney's Bay in Ottawa, and we (Gloucester;for you Ottawa-based Voyageurs)were playing the Falcons. I was chasing a through-ball down the right wing and the left back was coming across very quickly. I beat him to it by a split second, and he went through me knee first into my thigh. No word of a lie, within a few seconds, I had a lump the size of a grapefruit on my thigh. I thought the leg was broken, but x-rays were negative. The doctor's main concern was the potential for calcification, and any potential complications. At the end of the day I was out for about a week, and as I had mentioned, I had suffered worse injuries, but that was definitely the most colourful one ever. Speaking of colours, the leg was a million colours for quite a while!

Archived