Arsenal - Fans and Rivals Enter Here!

frostman

quote:Originally posted by frostman

Why are they not showing freakin Arsenal games anymore on TV! What the hell am I going to do? They're playing all other games but the Gunners games! What the F***? Not on FSW, nor Sportnet?

Actually it is on FSW (tape-delayed) but not FSW Canada. Why on one and not the either, I'm not sure. Especially since the ratings for this particular match would have been much better in Canada than the U.S.

Oh well, the next Arsenal EPL game is definitely being shown everywhere so we'll all be able to watch them pull 5 points clear at the top!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Mornings? Fox tape-delayed it at 3pm! You waking up that late on weekends?

;)

I thought I looked through the entire days schedule! I think I saw rugby and German league games. Does the bar have a sattelite feed for FSW US? Maybe I didn't scroll far enough along. Is the PSV game on tommorrow?

I thought I looked through the entire days schedule! I think I saw rugby and German league games. Does the bar have a sattelite feed for FSW US? Maybe I didn't scroll far enough along. Is the PSV game on tommorrow?

The Arsenal x PSV game is on Setanta on tape-delay at 5:00pm. Since you're in Toronto it shouldn't be too difficult to find a location ( goto Setanta.com )

Didn't catch the game, but webbed the score. An OG? That's it? Hey, I'll take it, but 1 lousy (yet precious) OG? What's happening to the Gunners? The write-ups seemed pretty positive as compared to the 3-0 routing in last year's opening champions league match against Inter.

P.S. Just got the call from the Soccer Shop at Square One. They just got my blue away jersey for this years Gunners. Can't wait to pick it up!

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Arsenal have now scored more goals than their 3 biggest rivals put together. Scary if you think about it.

Arsenal : 26 goals

Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham : 22 goals

Amen A-man. Did you really ever want to know that your simple mathematical observation was enough to give a grown man goose-bumps?

Thank you.

Seriously though, I knew they were potting at a good rate this year, and the goal differential is pretty huge on the table. BUT! They really have to start gettin a few more in the net in their Champions league games. They are making themselves look either scared outside of the EPL, or they are making the EPL look like an easy league (which I do not think is the case.)

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Arsenal have now scored more goals than their 3 biggest rivals put together. Scary if you think about it.

Arsenal : 26 goals

Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham : 22 goals

What may be scarier for Arsenal fans is, they and their plus-19 goal differential are only two points up on Chelski and their plethora of 1-0 wins. Ironic isn't it? Years after George Graham's boring Arsenal rode 1-0 results to the eternal condemnation from pundits, they could potentially fall victim to the philosphy made famous at Highbury.

BTW, go Spurs.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

What may be scarier for Arsenal fans is, they and their plus-19 goal differential are only two points up on Chelski and their plethora of 1-0 wins. Ironic isn't it? Years after George Graham's boring Arsenal rode 1-0 results to the eternal condemnation from pundits, they could potentially fall victim to the philosphy made famous at Highbury.

Yeah, Chelsea is pretty boring alright. But over 38-games you can't expect to keep getting lucky every time. Eventually those 84th minute winners aren't gonna occur. That's why offense wins domestic league while defense wins in Europe (ie. in shorter tournaments).

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Heads up on an excellent article/interview on Henry, a very admirable player and person:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,1315428,00.html

That makes the Spanish coach's "apology" saying that he had a "clear conscience" about what he said nonetheless that much more offensive.

What a fantastic article. Again I find myself a grown stinkin man - with freakin goose-bumps! What the hell! I've better sh*t to think about than other people's success stories! And yet I can't resist watching every game possible, relishing every stat, and reading every article. How pathetic am I? (That's a rhetorical question, please - no answers.)

GO GUNNERS!

Oh, and this is a Gunners thread. Please resist any "go spurs" please and thank you.

Oh, and this is a Gunners thread. Please resist any "go spurs" please and thank you.

Don't you think that makes it all the more relevent? :D

After all the thread says "Fans and Rivals Enter Here!"

No disrespect, just some good clean fun.

BTW, Go Spurs! ;)

49! Wow imagine ballerina's getting the longest unbeaten streake in English football history!

Fergies shhotin off again about the ghastley game at the beginning of last season. He's trying to knock them off their even keel. How could he expect such an obvious attempt at using old news to stir up emotions as a useful weapon?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=313473&cc=5901

Well, I sure like a lot of the players on the Arsenal squad. I guess I just don't like the overall team arrogance. As someone who has always cheered against both the Gunners and ManU, I'm in a quandry as to what position to take for the battle for 50 at Old Trafford on Sunday.

By the way, checked soccertv site, and it appears from that that the match is not available at all in Canada, even on pay tv. Anybody know any different?

Used to somewhat like Chelsea before Abrahamovic and Mr.Bean ruined them, but now I lightly cheer for Everton until Cardiff makes it into the Premiership.

OK. We'll accept you as a 1 week honorary fan just for this game.

And Cardiff? They don't really have a footy club do they? Isn't that where North Londoners go to pick up chicks?

As an honorary member you have to wait 1 week before delivering any scathing come-backs. And you can't do it on my thread.

I do appreciate the blitzkrieg- offense style of Arsenal. They have the talent, but more importantly the athletes who can run the full 90 to be such an offensive juggernaut. Henry should be the player of the year, with perhaps Ronaldhino as only legitimate competition. If another Real Madrid player wins it, then the competition is a farce.

Though about Arsenal, can't seem to figure out why they become wallflowers when it comes to european competition?

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Hey, don't talk about my grandmother and grandfather that way!

Hey, I'm sure they're very sweet people. But, I'm sure that there is a little London blood that trickled into the gene pool. Hey don't sweat it. My Dad is from the deep south of England and it got into him! It makes your honorary Arsenal fan membership even easier to assign.

Archived