Arsenal - Fans and Rivals Enter Here!

frostman

I am a strong Arsenal Supporter. Let's hear the good, the bad, the ugly, and the indifferent. I'm in due to parents lineage, and I caught the fever. I can't explain it, but for the last two years I've been more interested in Arsenal and the EPL than (and this is hard to say being from Toronto) the LEAFS!

Here's a few starters:

Are we gonna lose Viera to Real? Is he replaceable?

What is Flamini really like?

Will Van Persie be able to learn the Bergkhamp style?

Will Reyes ever get his cobblers bitten in England?

Go! Gunners!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by JayWay

All in what together?

I assume your not a leaf fan, or you are and resent suburbanites supporting the Leafs. Anyway, can you please entertain me and say something positive or negative about Arsenal?

YELLOW CARD!!! YELLOW CARD!!!

Yellow card to JayWay for persistant and continued conversion of threads to fulfill his neo-facist, Republick of Toronto agenda.

How in the hell did a thread about Arsenal lead to a Torontocentric dicussion of geography.

When I was first in Europe I told people I was from Calgary, even though I was going to school in Red Deer at the time, because people know where Calgary is. If Frostman wants to say he is from Toronto (isn;t it the GTA) who cares. Oh, I guess JayWay does, because you cannot disrupt the Toronto propaganda train.

Let the poor guy talk about Arsenal for christ sakes.

Whoa, another Arsenal fan?

Viera will not leave. It just won't happen and I don't want to speak of it further (ahem).

Flamini - I'm suspicious. I know nothing of his guy, and all the crap that's being spit out of OM about this is giving me great cause for concern about a sever degree of underwhemling.

I have faith in Van Persie, but that's just my natural tenendcy to trust anything Dutch besides Kluivert.

Give Reyes time. The kid has the minerals.

And listen, my warlike and ever violent chums...all my friends in Mississauga think Centennial Park is in Mississauga and I don't tell them any different. It's all GTA to me, baby.

Can't we all just get along?

Guest Jeffery S.

If Victoria is Vancouver, and Brandon is Winnipeg, then Missisauga is definitely...Hamilton?

The things I learn on this board: be consistent, be consistent, be consistent.

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

That's Grand Duke to you, miserable peon. ;)

You've been promoted I see... This calls for celebration.

I hereby declare - A TAILGATE!

Summon the wench to fetch us our ale and royal disposable camping grill. Where is Sean...?

Hating to get this back on topic, I am, frostman, a long time Arsenal fan - Although Number 1 will always be the Whitecaps which, despite my current residence, consider my local team. Even if I were not an Arsenal fan, the way they play these days would make my heart sing. Probably the most beautiful club team to watch these days. They do seem a bit weak mentally, although I am hoping that this past season will have cured them of this.

I hope Viera stays. I think his game is better suited for England and think he will be wasted a bit with Real Madrid. He would go a long way towards Real Madrid's problems however. But, I think if he looks at the staring 11 for each team, he will prefer the Gunners. Galactico's or not, I think only one of Raul or Ronaldo (pick your favorite), Zidane and Casillas would start for Arsenal, perhaps Roberto Carlos, although I really like Cole and Lauren on the outside. So, 7 or 8 Gunners versus 3, maybe 4, from Real. All subjective of course, and Jeffrey will probably come on with several good reasons why others should be considered.

The best thing about Arsenal these days is that while there are players who are tricky, and players who are fast, most of Arsenal's players can be tricky at speed. A rare quality in all sports.

I Think the Gunners will miss Parlour and Keown this year. Not for skill, but for grit. Really, only Viera is left with true sandpaper quality (anpother reason why I hope he does not leave). I like to see a bit of that in a team. Teams that lack that quality somehow always come up short.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

You've been promoted I see... This calls for celebration.

I hereby declare - A TAILGATE!

Summon the wench to fetch us our ale and royal disposable camping grill. Where is Sean...?

Agreed, measly serf! Bring me my idiot! Sean can come too, if he wants.

I have to agree with Gordon on the Keown issue. Although I thnk he's a sub-human monkey (see: RVN penalty debacle), he's still the "hard man" Enlgish defensive player that can go a long way. I'm a little worried that defence will get ignored in the off-season transfer window. And with only 3 weeks to go until the season starts, this is justified, no?

As an Arsenal fan, I've made some connections over the years over in Blighty that have proved very useful. VERY.

Hatem Trabelsi should be done by tomrrow, though it may not be announced then (but should be). He should be able to play some part in the Ajax Tournament. Flamini was a 'out of nowhere' buy by Wenger, though Mathieu does have the potential. He played 14 games after the middle of the seaosn in Ligue 1 and 8 (I think) in the UEFA Cup, including starting the final.

Van Persie has proved quite a handful in the first two friendlies (10-1 over Barnet and 3-2 over NK Maribor) and seems to have a heading ability the team had lacked (scored his goal v. Maribor with a header from a Pennant cross). And he has height, too!

Lauren is considering his future with Trabelsi's arrival, but may have a role with Ray's departure. Don't be surprised if he asks to go, but don't be surprised if he doesn't, either.

Jeffers did not travel to Austria. I've been told he may be discussing a move to Charlton, but nothing is definite there.

EDIT: Jeffers arrived today (Saturday) with the other senior members.

Sebastien Svard may be off as well if he has no future at the club. He was due to speak to AW before the whole Vieira monster reared its ugly head again. Werder Bremen have expressed an interest.

Nicklas Bendtner (Danish striker) is officially a player, having signed during the spring from KB.

Cesc's new 'hairdo' is actually extensions. A mullet of extensions. Sheesh.

As a wide aside, Volz never wanted to leave and would jump at the chance to return. Wenger is well aware of this.

As for Vieira, it seems inevitable he's off. If he doesn't leave, it'll be a last-minute miracle.

Most of these are old hat by now, but I'll drop a few words if and when I can about the club.

Archived