Organizing for the Honduras Match

Reza

Ok, obviously with a meet like this we need more than just reserved seats, so I thought I'll put this post up.

Anyone heading up for this game, can you send out your e-mail to through the Voyageurs contact page, http://www.canadian-soccer.com/en/contact.asp

We have less than 6 weeks to prepare and we need to be a bit more organized and have a little more planning. Hopefully, we can set up plans and make sure that the event turns out great.

quote:Originally posted by Reza

Ok, obviously with a meet like this we need more than just reserved seats, so I thought I'll put this post up.

Anyone heading up for this game, can you send out your e-mail to through the Voyageurs contact page, http://www.canadian-soccer.com/en/contact.asp

We have less than 6 weeks to prepare and we need to be a bit more organized and have a little more planning. Hopefully, we can set up plans and make sure that the event turns out great.

DONE!! I still haven't heard anything from the ASA contact about my tickets. I sent payment info to him but has he been able to puchase the tickets for us?

I am not sure, but hopefully with some form of active organization we can iron out all these little details.

I was wondering if someone from TO could bring the banners that were sent out east a while back with them as well. I think Marc P. has them or should theoretically.

I am not sure, but hopefully with some form of active organization we can iron out all these little details.

I was wondering if someone from TO could bring the banners that were sent out east a while back with them as well. I think Marc P. has them or should theoretically.

I'll see what I can do. I don't know who has it but I do plan to attend several Lynx games until Sept and I'll find out then. So consider it taken care of. Whether its me or some else who brings it out for the sept 4 game remains to be seen. The reason that I didn't respond to your initial request for the banner was because wasn't sure if I had room or not. I was going to bring it up with the others who are going and see who ever has the space, I guess. If no one else does, I'll bring it myself. So no there should be no worries on that front.

PS>; I just sent Marc P an e-mail about this....

Re: the tickets.

I called and left my credit card info with the ASA on July 12th. At that time, they told me that their system could not find the first five rows of section U, which means they were probably sold and the ASA was probably going to have to put us in a different section in the same price range. He said that he needed to check with Ticketmaster and that he would not charge my credit card until a section was confirmed for us. That was 11 days ago and I just checked and my credit card has not been charged by the ASA or Ticketmaster.

Could someone in Edmonton could call the ASA up and see what's going on? It seems that there may be a problem...

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Speaking of the Voyageurs Banner, we really should try to get it out to Vancouver as well. Someone attending both games can get it from there to Edmonton.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there will be anyone from this area that will be attending both games. Of those that I have heard of who will be going to the Honduras game, they have not ( to my knowledge)mentioned anything about attending the Aug 18 game. But I may be wrong. Unfortunately that one is a midweek game which means more planning and time off. The costs are higher too.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Unfortunately, I don't think that there will be anyone from this area that will be attending both games. Of those that I have heard of who will be going to the Honduras game, they have not ( to my knowledge)mentioned anything about attending the Aug 18 game. But I may be wrong. Unfortunately that one is a midweek game which means more planning and time off. The costs are higher too.

How much would it cost to ship it to me.I could help out with a share of the shipping cost.I could then bring it to Edmonton with me.Our section at Swangard is in the middle of the side of the field shown on t.v.Similar to Kingston.Behind us is a fence with a lot of room to hang banners.There is a southsider who will be bringing a large banner with "SUPER CANUCKS"on it in red and white.Mimglow had mentioned that he would send his www.canadian-soccer.com banner to Vancouver.I would ensure that all these banners hung proudly behind our section.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

How much would it cost to ship it to me.I could help out with a share of the shipping cost.I could then bring it to Edmonton with me.Our section at Swangard is in the middle of the side of the field shown on t.v.Similar to Kingston.Behind us is a fence with a lot of room to hang banners.There is a southsider who will be bringing a large banner with "SUPER CANUCKS"on it in red and white.Mimglow had mentioned that he would send his www.canadian-soccer.com banner to Vancouver.I would ensure that all these banners hung proudly behind our section.

Sounds good, when I know where it ( the banner)is, I send you an email so that I know where to mail it?

PS>: I am aware that teh game is on the 18th so I'll aim to have it out by around aug 7 or 8th

Okay, I have just talked to Liz Ferguson on the phone. She apologizes for the problems involved between them and Ticketmaster. She has assured me that the Section has been blocked off for us for three weeks.

She told me that she will talk to Sean to IMMEDIATELY start filling the orders for Rows 6 to 20 in Section U, and will fill the first five rows for us once the computer thing with Ticketmaster is sorted out.

Liz is appreciative of our obsessiveness about this event, and assures us that the section is ours.

Ok, as far as the event itself goes, I need some ideas for a place to meet up prior to the game, let's say around 3:00 or so for a drink and to get to know each and stuff like that.

I was thinking about Sherlock Holmes downtown because of its close proximity to Central station which is about 5 minute LRT ride from stadium....End Zone by the stadium is also fine, but the place kind of sucks...

Try using the e-mail address for your suggestions and let's get this thing off the ground and going...

One more thing...depending on how the guy who owns that Super Canucks banners feels, we could use that one over here at Commonwealth as well...that banner must be the oldest Canadian soccer banner right now, if it is the one I am thinking of.

Anyone have plans for the Friday before the game? I'm sure everyone will be in town by then. I haven't really planned too far ahead on this one yet, but I think we'll be there by Thurs or Friday am. I'll probably hit a practice as well.

cheers,

matthew

PS The form won't let me send my submition. It says to submit a valid e-mail address when one is already there?!

Are we starting an e-mail group for those who are attending? Is that the idea?

I'll be arriving in AB the week before and I'll get back to Edmonton either on Friday or Saturday before the game. I'm very interested in a large gathering at a pub prior to the game. :D I was at the downtown Sherlock Holmes pub many years ago and my friends tell me that I had great time. I'm up for it if everyone else is.

Banners could theoretically be sent Poste Restante and held at the PO for you.

Looking forward to it,

Mike

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Are we starting an e-mail group for those who are attending? Is that the idea?

I'll be arriving in AB the week before and I'll get back to Edmonton either on Friday or Saturday before the game. I'm very interested in a large gathering at a pub prior to the game. :D I was at the downtown Sherlock Holmes pub many years ago and my friends tell me that I had great time. I'm up for it if everyone else is.

Banners could theoretically be sent Poste Restante and held at the PO for you.

Looking forward to it,

Mike

Did you buy your ticket?

Three weeks starting now? That means we have it guaranteed till August 13th?

take care

No, three weeks from the beginning of this month until now. It will be kept for us indefinitely, probably up to game day, as they don't expect to sell out the reserved sections, at least until the week before.

Archived