Radzinski joins Fulham

Reza

Guest Jeffery S.

Good move for Tomec, here's a more Radz oriented article from bbc.co.uk:

Radzinski set for Fulham

Radzinski's career statistics

Unsettled Everton striker Tomasz Radzinski is undergoing a medical at Fulham ahead of his proposed move to Craven Cottage.

The 30-year-old is expected to sign for the Cottagers at the weekend after the clubs agreed around a £1.75m fee.

Radzinski, who has 12 months to run on his contract, rejected a new three-year deal at Everton and publicly criticised manager David Moyes.

The forward joined Everton from Anderlecht three years ago.

The Merseyside club were furious with Radzinski for refusing a deal he had originally demanded, then urging England striker Wayne Rooney to quit the club.

And his fierce criticism of Moyes and the lack of new signings at the club make his swift departure almost inevitable.

Coleman is keen to seal the deal now he is armed with the £3m he received from Tottenham for Sean Davis.

Radzinski scored eight goals in 34 appearances last season and was a useful foil for Rooney.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

It's Tomek ;)

Radzinski and McBride will make a good strikeforce for Fulham.

I Anglicized it (didn't I?). Anyways I am in Spain, and they don't have a "k" in Spanish, so maybe I Hispanicized it.

It's Tomek ;)

I do struggle to see McBride as anything more than a rare starter, personally. And I expect that Radz will see fewer starts as well, although I expect that this will be because of striker rotation.

Also, I think the Radzinski-McBride "partnership" at Everton has taken on a status out of proportion to some rather modest results. McBride played his way onto the Everton Bench - as he did with Fullham last year. McBride is a very useful player as a sub, but lacks the overall skills to play regularly as a starter in the EPL, IMO.

It's Tomek ;)

Don`t forget that Fulham also signed Andy Cole from Blackburn, so I can imagine Radz and Cole on the wings and McBride up front...wow what a trio, it certainly will be fun to watch!!!

Congrats to Radz!!

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Cole will improve without the distractions of Yorke getting him into threesomes.

Actually this is a fair comment. :D

In regards to strike combinations don't forget Fulham have very promising youngster Collins John and Luis Boa Morte as well. The latter will be away at the Olympics for Portugal and gets himself suspended two or three times a year, so being behind him on the depth chart isn't necessarily a bad thing. Let's remember Coleman has professed to be a huge admirer of Radzinski's and likely will give him every opportunity to win a starting job. Certainly the Cottagers have plenty of options up top.

Ohhhh. Now this is good news. I was kinda pulling for this rumor to prove itself true.

Saaayy. Is Sean Davis still with Fullham? Malbranque? Please say yes. What about that wee Japaneese sprite? Oh yeah. They got some Yank in the back line don't they?

Liked Fullham last year. Bit inconsistant but they're definately top six. Or should be.

Yeah, Radz. may find himself part of a striking rotation but he'll start as many as he dosen't and is sure to see a fair share of the playing time.

Excellent news.

This is a good move, give Radz a fresh start. I think he'll start at the begining of the season but will be lined up with Cole. Heard back up striker Sava had some kind of a knock so he might not be competing for that spot either in the immediate future. Last year I thought Fulham looked light up front after Saha left, so hopefully Radz can start well and be a regular.

Is it official now?

www.fulhamfc.com

Fri July 23rd

Fulham Football Club has today announced the signing of Canadian International Tomasz Radzinski from Everton F.C. on a three year deal for an undisclosed fee. The completion of the deal is subject to a successful medical.

The 31 year old Polish born striker joined the Blues from Belgium Champions Anderlecht in July 2001 taking with him a wealth of experience from playing in European football's most prestigious competition, the Champion's League...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by mjoni

Is it official now?

www.fulhamfc.com

Fri July 23rd

Fulham Football Club has today announced the signing of Canadian International Tomasz Radzinski from Everton F.C. on a three year deal for an undisclosed fee. The completion of the deal is subject to a successful medical.

The 31 year old Polish born striker joined the Blues from Belgium Champions Anderlecht in July 2001 taking with him a wealth of experience from playing in European football's most prestigious competition, the Champion's League...

Three years, I imagine he took a pay cut to ensure that spell of time, as it takes him close to the end of his career. Very happy for him, but I am still not sure about spending money to see a Fulham match as the odds of seeing him on the pitch, as we stand, are lower than 50%. Only he can change that though.

Archived