Trini fans upset at Canada's U-17 squad.......

They are posting on the Soca Warrior site that Canadian coach Hart has "thieved" Canadian U17 player Jason Devenish. Here's an example:

Fellas and SH, a BIG question ??? !!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 21, 2004 19:16

I saw Jason Devenish name listed on the Canadian under 17 team. Jason was a standout for QRC last season, a boss midfielder.

According to this site:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=1799

Fellas,, Steven Hart and Canada is thiefing our players very easily!!!!! we must becareful, there's a spy among us.....

And another post:

Sam

Re: Hopefully SH will let us know what the deal is

Wed Jul 21, 2004 19:55

Just May THIS YEAR 2004 Jason Devenish was called for T&T under 20 team...

THIS is bull ****.......

No explanation for this, no wonder he ask about players in the past, next up is Keon Daniel.....

I think he might have trained with them, I don't know if he actually played an official game with them. I was in this camp with him when I was 16 (im 18 now), and he was 15 I believe. Probably a lot has changed in his soccer career since these past 2 years.

I think he might have trained with them, I don't know if he actually played an official game with them. I was in this camp with him when I was 16 (im 18 now), and he was 15 I believe. Probably a lot has changed in his soccer career since these past 2 years.

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

i played with jason in a camp in oakville a few years ago, hes a white tanned boy with great skill, and when i spoke to him, it seemed his heart lied in Canada..

One question, when you spoke to him, what kind of accent did he have? That right there should tell you where he spent the majority of his years.

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Call it payback for them capping Rick Titus and then never using him again. [8D]

The difference of course is that Canada didn't want Titus. He clearly wanted to play for Canada, but was never given the opportunity.

Interesting about this Canuck U-17 player. The trini's say he lives and goes to school in T&T and is part of their national team program, yet apparently he has a connection to Canada, as he has gone to camps here. Hopefully someone can fill us in on the details.

Alrighty, this is all I can remember from him....

He looked like a normal Canadian, just very tanned, he spoke normal English, with a slight accent which had some English in it I believe, just a touch though, not much. I think he visits Canada in the summer or something, not sure, probably on school holidays. When he came to Canada, he did play for Oakville during the summer I believe and he was at these elite camps that I was at too. I'm sure he'd fit into the Canadian seen easily. After the camp was over, there were a few of us invited to a one on one clinic with top coaches from Europe, he was there with me (It was in Oakville too). Thats all I basically remember.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

One question, when you spoke to him, what kind of accent did he have? That right there should tell you where he spent the majority of his years.

Hey, this would be a good idea for determining country eligibility by FIFA!

Of course, we'd lose a bunch of our players... But at least Hargreaves wouldn't be allowed to play anywhere! :)

This was posted on the Soca Warrior site:

trini fan/insider

Clarification on J. Devenish

Sat Jul 24, 2004 13:41

I've been reading everyone criticise Jason Devenish's decision to play for Canada, calling him sell out and thing, what a joke some of you are!! Don't even know the situation and running you mouth. The situation is simple. Devenish is a Trini and Canadian citizen, his mother is Canadian. He had a good year with QRC and was training with the Trinidad U20 and Jabloteh since Jan. He broke his foot a little while after and had to stop. He took his CXC exams in May and after that his parents decided to emigrate back to Canada taking him. He used to go back every most summers and play with a team up there. He family get in touch with the Canadian Federation and tell them he was national level and they give him a chance on the US Tour. In my opinion its the best thing tha could happen for the man. Help him improve, it don't mean he go never play for Trini again, but at least he might get some good exposure now.

If you want to blame anyone blame the crime situation. We loosing lots of people as a result of it, this just another example!!!

The rest of you just husf you mouth obviously you talking, talking and doh know nuttin, as usual. I can't believe you call you self fans!!

Archived