Alen Marcina

mjoni

Well, Alen Marcina has finally appeared, not in Sweden, not in Iceland, not in Greece, but in Saarbruecken...

Heute Abend trifft Fußball-Zweitligist 1. FC Saarbrücken um 18.30 Uhr in Perl auf den Gastgeber SG Perl-Besch. Dabei wird Cheftrainer Horst Ehrmantraut weitere Testspieler unter die Lupe nehmen. Neben dem Kanadier Alen Marcina, der sich bereits seit Sonntag in Perl aufhält, sind heute der Bulgare Krum Bibihskov und der Brasilianer Marcello Sander zum blau-schwarzen Tross hinzu gestoßen.

Looks like he'll be playing in their pre-season friendly tonight...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by jordan

I know lots of the former wizard players and alot said the guy had a bad attitude

Good, we need more players with a bad attitude. The more the merrier. Makes for great hotel pranks.

Now could someone just tell me what the hell a bad attitude has to do with playing the game?

Bundesliga-2 I think will be equally as competitive as the Greek League. Circumstances are unlikely to be any easier. However, I guess the Amateur team may be a possibility if the B-2 squad doesn't work out.

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

Maybe Saarbruecken is the best place for him to play, I doubt at PAOK he'd get much playing time, but here he might be one of the stronger offensive players.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Canuck Oranje

Bundesliga-2 I think will be equally as competitive as the Greek League. Circumstances are unlikely to be any easier. However, I guess the Amateur team may be a possibility if the B-2 squad doesn't work out.

Sorry, but I think the Greek league is clearly stronger than 2nd Bundesliga. I'd say about half a dozen of those sides in top flight Greece would have no great difficulties to stay up in 1st Bundesliga.

The real point is that Marcina is not good enough to start or play in Greece 1st division, but it seems he is good enough for Bundesliga 2.

The real point is Marcina is on trial at Saarbrucken and has yet to be offered a contract. From what I read, Saarbrucken is trialing a number of players including Marcelo Sander who played last year at Paysandu in Brazil.

I also think you overvalue the Greek league and undervalue the Bundesliga-2 as a league. IMHO, It not at all that clear.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Sigma

I thought he signed a multi-year deal with PAOK? Is it possible that he is just on loan?

What I pick up from Daniel is that there is no decent reserve league and that the teams don't have teams in lower divisions like in Germany, Spain. This is too bad. I am not entirely sure it is the case, mind you, only that from some of the comments about friendlies he was playing last season from Thunder gave me this impression.

Archived