Canadian Major Leagues ?

argh1

Hey , blame the guy on the Miramichi for letting me on the 'puter for 10 minutes in the middle of a fishin' trip . It's raining anyways.

But we are constantly told the 4 major leagues are MLB/NBA/NFL/NHL

Is that the truth?

Or is that the yankee spill over affect?

Maybe the real Canadian Major Leagues are NHL/CFL/CURLING /CIS FOOTBALL/or CHL ?

I mean does MLB or NBA have any revelance in Canadian life?

Where does NASCAR and NCAA B-BALL and FOOTBALL fit into the 'MURAKAN major league thing?

Any thoughts?

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Is that the truth?

Maybe the real Canadian Major Leagues are NHL/CFL/CURLING /CIS FOOTBALL/or CHL ?

You are talking like someone who isn't from Toronto (or a city that really wants to be Toronto i.e. Calgary). Raptors, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, (they tried sooooo hard to get a NFL team). They are Canada's Team's, man... CANADA'S TEAMS!!! Toronto is doing it for the rest of us, for Canada.

(For the thick... take with dose of sarcasm)

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Is that the truth?

You are talking like someone who isn't from Toronto (or a city that really wants to be Toronto i.e. Calgary). Raptors, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, (they tried sooooo hard to get a NFL team). They are Canada's Team's, man... CANADA'S TEAMS!!! Toronto is doing it for the rest of us, for Canada.

(For the thick... take with dose of sarcasm)

Whether we like it or not, we are joined at the hip to the U.S. As far as perception goes, those are the four major leagues. Much like the A-League in Canada is perceived to be 2nd division, when, as Krammerhead has pointed out nth times, it is in actuality Canada's 1st division.

Whether we like it or not, we are joined at the hip to the U.S. As far as perception goes, those are the four major leagues. Much like the A-League in Canada is perceived to be 2nd division, when, as Krammerhead has pointed out nth times, it is in actuality Canada's 1st division.

quote:Originally posted by seether

Well like siamese twins let's get the operation done and live seperate lives :D

Well, in terms of soccer, I think the Whitecaps and the Impact on any given day, could take down the best teams in the MLS. So I think you could classify those two teams as ligitimate 1st division teams.

My first post but I think im right!

NASCAR.

Can't believe how popular NASCAR is. Huge TV numbers for every piddly race. Of course the networks realy, realy, package and market it well. And with Canadian stations buying a few hours of cheap feeds or access to cable we're getting the same bombardment of programing as the Yanks. But still, huge numbers.

Can't stand it myself.

Yeah, I know and I don't mean to put down the sports just the major league thing. After all I was one of (announced attendance ) 414 at a senior Baseball game last night and I'll be going to the U-21 Canada v Brazil Basketball game to-night. What hurts is Moncton First Touch is playing Fundy United (PEI-NB Senior Men's Premier League...soccer )Sunday at noon at a field 4 blocks from the house and I can't make it ! Hell I even took in some NB SENIOR FOOTBALL this summer ......Go Moncton Marshalls all the way to the Maritime Bowl.

It's just that major league tag when we only have a team or two.:(

quote:Originally posted by seether

Did you know that the A-League is division 1 in Canada? ;)

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

NASCAR.

Can't believe how popular NASCAR is. Huge TV numbers for every piddly race. Of course the networks realy, realy, package and market it well. And with Canadian stations buying a few hours of cheap feeds or access to cable we're getting the same bombardment of programing as the Yanks. But still, huge numbers.

Can't stand it myself.

Any sport where you can throw coolers and garbage cans at the starter/flagman has got to be cool. [:P] As well, you can take your cousin to the race and call her your date. :D

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

I'm actually a huge Canadian B-ball fan. Be sure to tell me how the Brazil game goes...

Canada Junior Team 78-68 Brazil

According to this A.M's paper it's their 1st home game in 8 years , is that possible? EDIT : Dave Crook has been coaching Canadian teams for 8 years and this was his 1st home game against an international team.... I'm confused.....oh well

Anyways announced attendance was 3,562. Not bad for a tune up game . I think that's generous as the balcony was curtained off and the lower bowl looked 'bout half full , but whatever. According to Coach Crook the guys were nervous playing with the crowd behind them and got off to a slow start. But Brazil played a wicked zone defence.

Ofcourse the loudest cheers were reserved for the 3 Maritime boys of the 12.

Tune up games continue to-night in Charlottetown again vs. Brazil & Sunday in Saint John v U.S.of A.

Tournament pools are :

A) Canada,Dominican Republic, Argentina and Bahamas

B )U.S of A. ,Brazil , Puerto Rico ,and Venezuela

anything else you may want to know can probably be found at www.basketball.ca

Archived