Radzinski hurt in pre-season training

Canadian striker sidelined by calf problem

KOFLACH, Austria (CP) - Disgruntled Canadian striker Tomasz Radzinski was ruled out of Everton's pre-season opener against FC Zeleznik of Serbia and Montenegro on Friday because of calf pain.

The calf problem has bothered Radzinski since he arrived Monday at the English team's pre-season camp, according to Everton's official website. The 30-year-old forward, embroiled in a contract dispute, had been given permission to come in late because of time spent during the summer with the Canadian national team.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2004/07/16/545594-cp.html

Maybe Moyes just doesn't want anything to do with Radz anymore, wouldn't blame him obviously, after the whole dispute and all. And I definitelly believe that Radz wants nothing to do with Everton, so maybe they came to an agreement, saying that he has a calm problem, no idea, just a guess!

There is more turmoil at Everton then meets the eye, the whole Rooney thing has caused their latest chairman to resign after only 6 weeks, this won't solve anything because Radzinsky has issues with David Moyes, and aparently has been telling young Rooney to jump ship with him, which, in the eyes of the Goodison Park faithful is death, you won't see our Tomasz in the Blue again...I heard Fulham is very interested in getting his signature, but thats the only club I have heard that Radz is linked to...I guess the next couple of weeks(as they always are) will be very interesting

There is more turmoil at Everton then meets the eye, the whole Rooney thing has caused their latest chairman to resign after only 6 weeks, this won't solve anything because Radzinsky has issues with David Moyes, and aparently has been telling young Rooney to jump ship with him, which, in the eyes of the Goodison Park faithful is death, you won't see our Tomasz in the Blue again...I heard Fulham is very interested in getting his signature, but thats the only club I have heard that Radz is linked to...I guess the next couple of weeks(as they always are) will be very interesting

I don't know. It's sort of one of those times when maybe you're not exactly motivated to play through a knock or strain. Don't want to further damage the goods before they go to the meat market.

And I'm doughtful Moyes is too distraught over it. Seems their little face to face was very direct and very critical. And now Radz. isn't taking the field. Pretty transpartent and well within both men's rights.

Everton are sunk.

P.S. You know what I like? The complaints from Moyes that Radz. has now turned down a 3-year deal which his agent initialy presented to the Toffees. He of course fails to mention that Everton turned down the same deal off-the-hop, and instead felt a 1 year extension was sufficient to keep Radz. at Goodison. Radz. said screw this, you're undervalueing my services in this market. Took a look at the market and came to the conclusion that either Moyes hasn't a clue or was trying to take advantage of Radz., which on top of last years circus sunk any shred of confidense in the manager Radz. may have still had. So Radz.'s agent withdrew the offer.

Bit odd isn't it? A initial offer which was felt unfair by managment suddenly looked more reasonable a few weeks later after a transfer request and what must have been some serious tire kicking by rival clubs.

Guess something happened in those couple of weeks to make Everton change their mind about the fairness of Radz's offer. Guess something happened in those couple of weeks to make Radz. change his mind about a future at Everton too.

quote:Originally posted by nufc87

There had been a rumour that Charlton was also interesting in Radzinski. With the Carlton Cole situation, they are definately in the market for a striker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/3805949.stm

Charlton are also interested in the 30-year-old, who has 12 months to run on his contract after coming to Goodison Park for £4.5m from Anderlecht in 2001.

I wonder what Fulham is paying Andy Cole...if its as high as I imagine it is then that would probebly knock Radzinsky out of the picture...Charlton might be a nice fit for him though. Alot of the smaller premiership clubs are in the market for strikers, so we might even see him go to a club that hasn't yet been mentioned. Its unlikely that he'll go to a club as big as or bigger then Everton.

My theory is that Radz wanted out of Everton because he didn't like the direction the club was headed in. So he asked for a 3-year contract, knowing the board had a policy where they wouldn't sign any over 30 players to long term contracts anymore. The only problem was, Everton was actually dumb enough to cave and offer him 3 years. So Radz had to turn down the deal and rip the entire Club in the process, so they were forced to transfer him. Now with Fulham signing Cole, I can't see many teams being that interested in Radz. Sure, there is Charlton, but they've still go Euell, di Canio, Johansson, Lisbie and Bartlett. The best fits for him I can see are Bolton and Man City. At worst, he could end up at Palace or West Brom. But that's just me speculating. Hopefully Charlton will come calling.

I was going to say Bolton in my last post...I think he'd fit well there, but they just signed Michael Bridges from Leeds and got vetern Les Ferdinand from Leicester, so that might be a stretch. Man City, now thats a club that has been super quiet with signings this summer...and would make a nice little move for Radz. Honestly I would like to see hime go there over Bolton, Fulham or Charlton

I was going to say Bolton in my last post...I think he'd fit well there, but they just signed Michael Bridges from Leeds and got vetern Les Ferdinand from Leicester, so that might be a stretch. Man City, now thats a club that has been super quiet with signings this summer...and would make a nice little move for Radz. Honestly I would like to see hime go there over Bolton, Fulham or Charlton

IMHO Radz is a better striker than many of the players on the clubs named as a possible destination.

He'd be a tremendous fit at Charlton (me being a big fan of the Valley club :D), particularly in partnership with Euell. All the rest of the Addicks strikers are merely spare parts or old cast-offs who can slot in here and there but can't carry the load day-in, day-out.

I think the log-jam at Fulham would be much tougher to crack. With Boa Morte, Collins John, Brian McBride and now Andy Cole, I believe that group to be of a much higher quality than what Charlton currently carries. Still, Coleman is a long-time admirer of Radzinski. Apparently they tried to pry him out of Everton after they sold Saha last season.

Bolton and Man City would be a bolt from the blue if either turn out to be interested, particularly the latter.

Archived