loud mouthed selfish whore

shaku_bert

http://football365.com/news/story_119107.shtml

Hargreaves: Bayern blocking move to England

Thursday July 15 2004

Email Us Chat Forum

Mail article Print article

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves believes Bayern Munich have priced him out of a move to the Premiership.

Liverpool were reported to be interested in the Canadian-born 23-year-old but a move away from the Olympiastadion failed to materialise because, according to Hargreaves, Bayern placed an inflated price tag on his head.

He told www.kicker.de: "10 million euros is a lot of money. They might as well have said I must stay."

Hargreaves added: "If they wanted to lose me they could have done."

He has refused to rule out a transfer before the transfer window shuts on August 31, however.

He added: "There is still much that can happen between now and the end of August."

Despite being a regular in Sven-Goran Eriksson's England squad, Hargreaves is still not guaranteed a starting place in the Bayern XI.

And this situation is clearly beginning to rile the player who will face further competition this season from new signing Torsten Frings who joined Bayern last month from Borussia Dortmund.

"I would very much like to play next season, ideally in the centre of midfield," said Hargreaves, who believes his versatility counts against him.

"For my development it would be good if I had a fixed position."

Archived