I wonder about Brennan's future at NCFC

shaku_bert

Guest Can. in UK

Norwich played a friendly (against a local team) on the weekend and Brennan was in the starting XI.

Furthermore, he also scored in a game in Malaysia today coming on as a sub in the 55th minute.

So it seems like he is in Worthington's plans.

The plans from the first signing were to have him play left midfield...it was pretty well reported and the links may still be up. Norwich also released a fair number of players at season's end so if Jim were not in Norwich's plan I think they'd have let him go then. They are paying him pretty well, so while I am not sure that he will start every, or possibly even most games, I think he features as a role player at a minimum. I seem to recall that his manager, in discussing Brennan's future made some references to his training habits and the need for him to bring his focus and effort to every training session, but that he was a player who figured in the plans if he did so.

Well, when i had my picture taken with jimmy b in kingston. I actually asked him if i would see him the in prem next year and he did say yes. So i assume that he has a spot on the squad, maybe not a starter but will play some serious min.

From the Star,a Malaysian daily. Next match, Saturday NCFC vs Malaysia NT.

Norwich City fight back for win in friendly football match

BY ERIC SAMUEL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Cup champions Selangor MPPJ gave English Premier League side Norwich City a run for their money before going down 2-3 in an exciting friendly football match at the Kuala Lumpur FA Stadium last night.

Close to 8,000 fans came to watch Norwich City, the team sponsored by Malaysian car maker Proton, and hardly had they settled down, unheralded MPPJ were 1-0 up.

It will probably go down as the fastest goal scored against an English side in Malaysia. That honour went to MPPJ's Bruno Sebastian Martelotto whose snap shot off a corner kick rebounded off a Norwich defender and into the net just 58 seconds after the start.

Norwich goalkeeper Paul Gallagher went the wrong way as the ball hit the back of a defender much to the joy of the MPPJ supporters, who had expected a hiding following the departure of ace and inspirational striker Juan Manuel Arostegui.

The visitors started without their top striker Darren Huckerby and new signing defender Simon Charlton from Bolton. However, they had the rest of the first team players, including striker David Bentley on loan from Arsenal.

Forwards Zema Abbey and Leon Mc Kenzie did give a good account of themselves but it appeared that the visitors did not really push themselves. They have another game against the Malaysian national team at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil on Saturday.

MPPJ looked vulnerable before the start of the game as they were without their top striker Arostegui who scored 50 goals last season, including a hattrick in the 3-0 win over Sabah in the Malaysia Cup final. The Argentine has left to join a club in Mexico.

Nevertheless, MPPJ did well to hold the visitors at bay until the 41st minute when Mc Kenzie put Norwich on equal terms in the 41st minute.

The English club then exploited MPPJ's lacklustre display in the second half to score two quick goals within a minute.

Substitutes Jim Brennan and Ryan Jarvis made it 3-2 with goals in the 66th and 67th minutes respectively.

Brennan intercepted a weak pass from skipper Khairil Zainal to race down the flanks from the left to lob the ball over a helpless goalkeeper Jamsari Sabian in the 66th minute.

Barely a minute later Jarvis broke loose on the right flank to blast in a low grounder past Jamsari.

Norwich took their feet off the pedal and MPPJ's Croatian striker Sasa Brenezac, who had a goal disallowed earlier, made amends with a headed goal off a Kamarulzaman Yob cross in the 72nd minute.

MPPJ FC: Jamsari Sabian, Faizal Zainal, Fabricio Francesni, Mior Nasir Yusop (Yuzaiman Zahari), Azrin Shah Zainal (Shahril Arsat), Bruno Sebastian Martelotto, Khairil Zainal (Abdul rauf Ahmad), Annuar Abu Bakar (Mohd Nizaruddin Yusop), Sasa Brenezac, Kamarulzaman Yub, Aiman Firdaus Abdullah

Norwich: Paul Gallagher, Marc Edworthy (Phil Mulryns), Adam Drury, Malky Mackay (Craig Fleming), Jason Shackell, Damien Francis (Youssef Safri), David Bentley (Jim Brennan), Gary Holt, Zema Abbey (Ryan Jarvis), Leon Mc Kenzie, Paul Mc Veigh (Ian Henderson)

Archived