Atiba Hutchinson

I can see that Atiba's club, Helsingborgs, got whacked today 2-1 to Hammarby. The clubs has been going through a series losing streaks, and it doesn't look very pleasant. If Helsingborgs keeps losing in the way that they have been doing since the start of the season, they will quite likely refuse to let go of Atiba Hutchinson for Canadian National duties. Trust me. Mark my words. It will happen. In fact, when a club is so low in the standing, clubs do get desperate for results. For this reason I can see management of the club putting the club vs. country pressure on Atiba. This is what I am affraid of. I hope it doesn't happen to Atiba.

Guest Jeffery S.

Fortunately all their games respect FIFA dates, so in principle there is no conflict for game dates themselves. The only problem is getting him into a camp 5 days early, as that could enter into conflict.

Struggling clubs that are smart realize that a national team experience can often be a good break for a player, a different type of pressure but a break, and that they often come back fresh mentally (regardless of physical questions of travel).

Archived