Women's Voyageurs Cup donations

DJT

[*]First of all, a couple of announcements:

- Dwayne Cole (Winnipeg Fury) has his title changed to "Voyageurs Cup Treasurer".

- We welcome Théo Gauthier (Mimglow) to the position of "Women's Voyageurs Cup Treasurer" and thank him for helping out.

[*]Second, we establish the following policy for Voyageurs Cup and Women's Voyageurs Cup funding (which applies retroactively to money already collected and to any money yet to be collected):

All money collected for the Voyageurs Cup [Women's Voyageurs Cup] will be used only for the Voyageurs Cup [Women's Voyageurs Cup], unless the Voyageurs Cup [Women's Voyageurs Cup] donors agree through a vote (using a system yet to be decided) that it can be used for some other purpose (including the Women's Voyageurs Cup [Voyageurs Cup], other Voyageurs activities, etc.), with the one exception that it can be used for the Voyageurs Web site and forum with no approval from any donors required.

[*]Third, we will now begin collecting donations for the Women's Voyageurs Cup. Donors are assumed to understand and accept the policy above.

As we are a bit behind on this, time is of the essence, so if you are interested in donating then we ask that you try to do so as soon as possible.

Make your cheque out to "Théo Gauthier" and send it to:

Théo Gauthier

203-1589 St. Bernard

Ottawa, Ontario

K1T 3H4

Please include the following information:

- your full name

- your forum name

- your "permanent" e-mail address

Your full name will be used to acknowledge you publically, unless you state otherwise (ie. tell us to use your forum name or to not acknowledge you at all). Your e-mail address will not be shared. Even if you don't want to be acknowledged publically, it is still very important to include all of the above information.

[*]Finally, in another attempt to ensure equality between the men's and women's competitions, our primary goal is to get two identical trophies, both labelled "Women's Voyageurs Cup", that are similar to, but smaller than, the men's trophy. More on this as more information is gathered.

Guest Jeffery S.

Good work, know it is hard to get going on these things but glad it is going ahead. Also think the Cup idea is good.

Could you just indicate what the Women's V-Cup funds will be used for, ie. where will the money likely go, apart from the purchase of Cups and transport of them to winners, engraving of names, etc? Are there other costs involved?

I intend to contribute BTW.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Could you just indicate what the Women's V-Cup funds will be used for, ie. where will the money likely go, apart from the purchase of Cups and transport of them to winners, engraving of names, etc? Are there other costs involved?

Apart from the things you mention, we'll have to determine whether we need insurance for the trophies (not so far, since that's been covered by the Impact; I suspect that would be the case for any of the professional clubs, but I'm not sure about the amateur women's clubs). There are annual domain name registration charges for the Web site, though sometimes I cover that myself as part of my contribution. I believe Matt has incurred some long distance charges when contacting the clubs, though most communication is through e-mail. I can't think of anything else right now.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by G-Man

I went to the Fury game and spoke with the Fury GM. He was confused about the Voyaguer Cup results. In Montreal the Extreme management made an annoucement saying they won it.

But in reality they did not.

No one from the Voyageurs had contacted the Fury letting them know it was a mistake. He said they'd love to put out a Press Release stating that the Fury had won the WVC.

Hmm, well I have been sending all of our media releases to three different Ottawa Fury e-mail addresses, including to the GM Chris Roth (though not to communications person David Kent since, ironically, his address does not work!), and the release sent out last Friday was titled "OTTAWA FURY WIN INAUGURAL WOMEN'S VOYAGEURS CUP EAST", so I'm not sure why they were not aware. We also wanted to send them a personalized message, but I don't think Matt has gotten around to that yet; we'll do so ASAP with your comments in mind.

As for the erroneous announcement in Montreal, someone screwed up at the game but the club were aware that Ottawa had in fact won, since their release posted on their site the next day (before receiving our release) correctly identified Ottawa as the winners.

Thanks G-Man.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

There was a small blurb in the Ottawa Citizen about the Ottawa Fury winning the inaugural Women's Voyageurs Cup East.

Nice! I assume they took it directly from our release (I've been sending them to the Citizen (and Sun) all season) since we haven't been mentioned in any Fury releases or CP articles (which is the only way I've ever seen the men mentioned by newspapers). Furthermore, I don't recall ever making it into an actual print version of a paper before (of course I can't read every paper, so I'm assuming/hoping people will let me know if they ever see something!).

I'd really like to get a copy of that blurb. I think I've found the article online, but of course a subscription is required to read it. Any way you can send it to me, Sigma? The actual article or a scan of it would be great, but even if you could just type out that part? Thanks.

Archived