September 5-U15 Canada vs Germany Moncton NB

• 2 months later...

Women's Under-15 Team

Monday, September 06, 2004

Women's U15 Team Continues with Second Straight Win

Moncton, NB – Canada’s Women’s Under-15 Team defeated Germany 2-0 on Sunday, September 5th at Rocky Stone Field in Moncton, New Brunswick.

After a Canadian win on Friday, Germany shored up its defences, but that wasn't enough to keep the striking skills of Sydney Leroux and Jodi-Ann Robinson off the score sheet for long. Sydney Leroux, off a picture perfect pass from Jodi-Ann Robinson, found the back of the net at the 50th minute.

Robinson followed up the assist with a goal in the 77th minute.

Canadian goalkeeper Erin McNulty earned the shutout.

The three game series will come to a close today in Halifax, Nova Scotia at 4:00 p.m.

September 6, 2004 – Women’s U15 Exhibition

Rocky Stone Field - Moncton, New Brunswick

Canada 2(0)

Germany 0(0)

Goals: Canada- Leroux (50), Robinson (77)

Canada:1-Erin McNulty; 3-Allysha Chapman; 4-Myriam Bouchard; 5-Vonya Beckles; 6-Michelle Decker (13-Claire Parsons, 41); 8-Brittany Harrison (16- Chelsea Spencer, 55); 9-Paige Adams (12-Elizabeth Hudon, 36); 11-Sydney Leroux (10-Laura Gray, 51); 14-Jodi-Ann Robinson; 15-Ruhe-Lischke; 17-Taryne Boudreau (7-Krystal Bell, 41); Head Coach-Jens Kraemer

robinson_action1.jpg

Jodi-Ann Robinson

Germans beats Canada 2-1

Canada’s quick start couldn’t overcome Germany’s strong finish.

Stephanie Bunte’s second goal of the match a minute into extra time lifted Germany to a 2-1 victory over Canada in an under-15 girls international soccer exhibition match in front of an announced crowd of 1,767 yesterday at Mainland North Common in Clayton Park.

Bunte was sent in all alone and she dribbled around hard-charging Canadian goalkeeper Erin McNulty before tucking the ball into the net in the game’s 81st minute. McNulty was brilliant in spots with point-blank stops on Germany’s Marie Pollman and Marina Hegering in each half.

Claire Parsons of Dartmouth, a member of the Scotia under-18 girls club, played the entire game at right back.

“It was pretty nerve-wracking to play in front of family and friends, but I’m really glad I got the start in my home town,” said the 15-year-old. “Sometimes I dove in when I shouldn’t have, but all in all, I’m pretty pleased.”

Parsons had a hand, or rather, a foot in Canada’s goal.

She won a tackle in her own end and distributed the ball up to one of the strikers who laid a pass off to Adrienne Ruhe-Lischke.

After a run down the right wing, Ruhe-Lischke scored off a shot to the far left post in the third minute.

Bunte had evened the game at one apiece in the 28th minute. Germany had an earlier goal disallowed after a late whistle.

Other than a few sporadic chants of ‘Let’s go, Canada, let’s go’ by Canadian supporters, the mood during the 80-minute match was relatively subdued. The game was chippy and physical with numerous free kicks.

Germany’s play built up momentum and had more scoring chances as the game progressed

Canadian head coach Jens Kraemer’s squad had two previous victories versus Germany: a 5-1 victory in Charlottetown on Friday and a 2-0 win in Moncton on Sunday. Goalkeeper Becky Hazen of Halifax was also part of the 18-player roster.

“We had two very good results against a very soccer-passionate nation with quality players,” said Kraemer. “I’m very proud of how far the kids have come in a very short period of time. They bring great athleticism and this has been a great foundation from which to build.

“Claire stepped in and did a very decent job and Becky’s a year younger with a very bright future. They’re both quality players.”

Archived