Voyageurs Cup Match 9: Vancouver vs. Edmonton [R]

DJT

<center>Voyageurs Cup 2004

Match 9Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Edmonton AviatorsSunday, July 4, 2004 - 7:00 PM PDT

Swangard Stadium, BurnabyAudio updates (at :00, :15, :30, :45): News1130 AM Vancouver</center>

Match Previews

[*]Vancouver

» VC:  1-0-2  3-7  3  /  A-League:  8-1-4  17-15  25

» Whitecaps preview page

[*]Edmonton

» VC:  0-2-0  2-2  2  /  A-League:  1-6-4  5-14  9

» Aviators preview page

[*]MatchNight!

Voyageurs Cup

Well lets say they are less than exciting. Even the last home game that looks like a high scoring game against Toronto was a 1-1 game in th 90th minute. I had fans coming up to me making angry comments about their play it was so bad.

Then I figured that this is the second game in three nights for the Whitecaps, and they usually put on the poor performance at home in such situations (back to back games, two games in three nights).

But most of all what with buying tickets to Canada "B"s games against Milwall and Hearts, and the WCQ in August, I thought I'd take a break on the 5 hours it takes me to get to Swangard, watch the game and come home. Especially when the opposition is Edmonton (no offence intended).

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

By the way earlier in the day on A-League chat I predicted an Edmonton win. Might happen.

Maybe you should start placing bets on these predictions. ;)

Ha! I'm certainly glad I made the right choice. However certainly pee'd off after having to listen to these stupid SOB's leading of the top news story on 1130 with Euro Cup news and the phonies celebrating "their" victory in the streets of Vancouver. Same guys who were draped with the Canada flag when Canada won olympic gold in hockey I bet.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Maybe you should start placing bets on these predictions. ;)

Damn I was 2 for 2 tonight. Snake was asking for attendance predictions for tonight on the Southsider board. I said the crowd would be the smallest of the season and I was right, 3,837.

Archived