New team for Klukowski ?

Bxl Boy

In La Dernière Heure of yesterday, they wrote that Charleroi was interested by Klukowski (not a nice move IMO)

Today, "À propos d'Odemwingie et de Klukowski, des offres très intéressantes sont récemment arrivées sur le bureau de Filippo Gaone. Elles émanent de puissants clubs d'Allemagne et de Turquie. Ce qui compliquera la tâche de Charleroi..."

"Regarding Odemwingie and Klukowski, very intersting offers are arrived on the esk og Filippo Gaone (the chairman). They come from powerful clubs in Germany and Turkey. It won't be easy for Charleroi..."

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

(not a nice move IMO)

Perhaps. From what I have been gathering when lurking over at their supporters forum, the worst move might be to stay at the current club. The sentiment from the pessimistic types tends to be that following the player movement up to now, D2 is not that far away.

RAAL is definitly a club that could be heading that way...they arent exactly a stable club and only 2 years ago they finished almost in a relegation spot (altho they did win the league cup that year) They started last season well but finished pretty shaky...

Guest Jeffery S.

Curious, I did a search, and seems there is interest for him from Genk as well, now to be coached by his former trainer at La Louvière.

Another team that also came up was Gant (Le Gantoise), but not sure if that was recent.

Now someone tell me Gant is the French for Flemish Genk and I'll shut up.

True that Les Loups are looking to sell, just recalled that keeper Vervalle was on Espanyol's list here in Barcelona, until they picked up Ulrich Ramé from PSG just this week.

To Jeffrey : there's Gand in french (Gent in Dutch, Ghent in English) and Genk (same in the three languages), two distinct cities, and two good moves if Klukowski can go there

Charleroi was two years in a row saved at the end of the competition and is totally unstable

La Louvière had better resulsts but now have lost their success trainer and some good players

So, I just think La Louvière is best fot him because he knows the team and the city and has is place there, in Charleroi he will have to begin at 0

To Free Kick : they always are pessimistic in that area of Belgium...

Vervalle is not a keeper, but a left back, Klukowski's concurrent

They only will keep one of them, but they also will let only one go...

The keeper that Jeffrey is alluding to is Proto. A very good one ( and popular amongst the fans) from what I understand and he is only 21. I believe that he may have been capped by Belgium. I'll double check Vervalle but I think he is a central defender and the other half back is that american whose name escapes me, whose spell ended and returned to Standard. To reiterate from what I mentioned in the other thread, word has it that the club wants to move one of them to get some much needed cash.

Questions: What I do not understand is the source of the financial mess. They did play in europe this year and they are either building a new stadium or they are doing some major upgrades. hardly symptoms financial distress.

Guest Jeffery S.

No, it is my confusion, as I don't read Espanyol news carefully. But they were after Vervalle and if he is a back they still may be. They seem to have Belgium connections recently, the Belgian Lemmens is the keeper that will compete with Ramé.

Anyways, one report said La Gantoise, and the other said the team of former coach Jacobs, think that is Genk, as possible teams interested.

Proto hasn't still been capped for Belgium but will be, he's a very good keeper

Financial stress comes because the chairman has put a lot of money in the club and doesn't want anymore

The changes in the stadium are forced, else they won't receive their license for first division

http://www.raal.be/

-- En l’absence de Klukowski, Odemwingie, Brahami (les trois jouaient en équipe nationale ce week-end)</u>, Rogerio De Oliveira (seulement de retour en Belgique), Rachid Belabed (blessé) et Daniel Camus (malade), Albert Cartier, le nouveau coach de La Louvière, alignait une équipe-test pour défier Soignies. Si Proto tenait sa place entre les buts, la défense était constituée (de gauche à droite) de Djebi (un arrière gauche en test, portant le numéro 26, qui était arrivé le matin même de Lucerne), de Yannick Zambernardi (qui portait le numéro 4), de Geoffray Toyes (un défenseur testé de 31 ans qui a évolué trois ans au Girondins de Bordeaux et six ans à Metz et qui portait le numéro 15) et de George Blay. En milieu de terrain, Cartier alignait Yannick Vervalle à gauche, Matthieu Assou-Ekotto et David Camara (le numéro 12) en demi récupérateur (ce dernier n’a pas encore signé de contrat à la RAAL) et devant eux, Gunther Vanhandenhoven. En pointe, le duo Murcy – Ishiaku était chargé de mener la vie dure au gardien des Carriers. --

I saw on the Raal site that Kluko miss the first friendly game, this week-end, because he was on national duty. It was for a training camp or what?

In La Dernière Heure of this thursday (from La Louvière manager) : Mike Klukowski a une touche concrète en Allemagne (NdlR: Hambourg ?) ainsi que d'autres moins concrètes en Turquie et en Angleterre

Mike Klukowski has concrete contacts in Germany (Hamburg ?) and other, less concrete, in Turkey and England

Archived