Radzinski interview on TV today

Joe05

Grrr, I forgot to tape this. Saw (but didn't hear) Radz on the TV at the restaurant (Duff's... yum...). Too bad The Score doesn't repeat the show during the evening at all.

Did anyone catch this?

Did he explain what that bunny-ear celebration is all aboot?

I saw it - no word about the "Moose-head" celebration (as I see it & call it). Not a bad little interview, nice to see Radzinski do stuff like this. Mentioned he badly wants to get to the World Cup, that the only difficult thing about playing for Canada are the long flights that can tire players (though he said it's not so bad from England). Interviewer James Sharman made it sound, for reasons not currently known, like it was Holger that had caused Radzinski to leave the national team programme - perhaps Lenarduzzi's 5 bucks are in the mail. :)

And Radzinski quite rightly looked a little stunned by Sharman's remarks and said that he had played a number of times for Holger and scored all but one of his goals for Canada for Holger (prior to the holiday in Kingston).

As far as I know, there were more quality players who were ready to walk away from the team under Miller than under Osieck, but I guess we all have difft opinions on quality.

Radzinski came back for the Swiss and Scotland games under Holger. He was invited

for the Malta friendly, but was injured. He scored twice in the Swiss game.

Other than that, that's all he played for Holger I think. Did he play in the

Estonia, Germany, and Finland matches? I don't think so.

Glad that he's back under Yallop. Go Moosehead ... :-)

Finland was with Colin Miller and Radzinski played & scored in that match. Radzinski first came back under Holger for the Malta match and indeed did play in it. Probably a good sign that he came back even though they lost to Malta.

His injury that caused him to miss the Germany friendly & the 2003 Gold Cup was legit. as he also missed club time. I think the same with the Libya friendly. I can't really comment on the injury that made him miss the Estonia match, but as he'd already been back several times by that point I never really worried about it too much.

They had interviews with people all week? You people are supposed to keep me informed on these things!!

I especially want to tune in to watch Sharman. Before the Euro tourney, he picked Greece as his dark horse (mainly as it pertained to making it through Group A). When prompted with "Are you picking them to win the whole tournament?", he said "Sure, why not... Because if they actually do, on July 5th I'll look like a genius." :)

Sharman covered a few topics with Hume... ...such as how he moved over to England when he was 16, what's it like playing in England, what's with his haircut(s), and how playing in Dubai for Canada several years ago did for him and how he felt about playing in the wing for Canada.

I actually thought the last topic was pretty interesting cos' we all know Humie is a striker for Tranmere and some "big-headed" player might not be too crazy about playing out of their positions. But Iain was pretty cool with it while admitting that he's still young, he would bide his time and go from there. He also didn't hide the fact that down the road in several years (I guess with Radz and Pesch retiring), he would like to get the chance in one of the forward positions. I am actually impressed with his team-first attitude and maturity.

One thing that I learnt about him that I didn't know before... ...I didn't know he was born in Scotland and only came over later.

Yeah, although not very much later; he came over with his family before the age of 1 (if I'm not mistaken).

Blair

quote:Originally posted by ballboy

One thing that I learnt about him that I didn't know before... ...I didn't know he was born in Scotland and only came over later.

Archived