July Hearts/Millwall/CanB Tournament

beachesl

Don't know if the dates discussed anywhere on this site, but Yallop told me the Can. B matches at Swangard were Monday, July 12 aginst Millwall and Wednesday, July 14, against Hearts. He calls this "our July Tournament", and is planning a minicamp before. He had a sparkle in his eye when he talked about it (much of the conference had him being very careful, relaxed but reserved, but not when he talked about this), I think he is looking forward to some low-stakes fun.[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Any mention of tv coverage? A pipe dream, I know, but what the hey.....

No, and nobody had any idea of television coverage of anything, much less the Central American matches. The CIBC guy present was only the regional vice-president, so he had nothing to do with Sportsnet liason with the major sponsor. The "CSA" reps were only local, and also had no liason with Sportsnet.

http://www.bcsoccer.net/bcm/bcsoccer/bcsoccer-website.nsf/AllDoc/089C615E2C26A10387256EB9007790FE?OpenDocument

INTERNATIONAL PACIFIC SOCCER SERIES

Game Schedule

The world is coming to play soccer here in British Columbia.

Canada vs. Heart of Midlothian FC

Monday, July 12, 2004

Kick Off: 7:30pm

Millwall FC vs. Canada

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Kick Off: 7:30 pm

Heart of Midlothian FC vs. Millwall FC

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Kick Off: 2:30 pm (may be at 12pm if televised live in the UK)

Ticket Information (for the above 3 games only)

Tickets are available through Ticketmaster starting Saturday, June 5, 2004 (or Thursday, June 3 for Whitecaps season ticket holders).

Gold: $25

Silver: $20

Bronze: $15

Plus applicable service charges

Exhibition Game Schedule

General Admission: $15 each

Millwall FC vs. Vancouver Men’s Soccer League All Stars

Sunday July 11, 2004

Kick Off: 4pm

Tickets are now available through the BCSA office; call 604-299-6401 or drop by 1126 Douglas Road, Burnaby.

Heart of Midlothian FC vs. Pacific Coast Soccer League All Stars

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Kick Off: 7:30pm

Tickets are now available through the Lower Island Soccer Association; call 250-382-7489 or drop by 101-1246 Esquimalt Road, Victoria.

• 3 weeks later...

No live broadcast on radio. Expecting updates from a Vancouver station every 15 minutes I guess. So disappointing that this isn't on TV. The CSA web site (www.canadasoccer.com) has a live match tracker for a lot of games. I know Morgan Quarry's going to Burnaby, so hopefully we'll get some sort of updates on the CSA site while the match is going.

Millwall were getting live updates and I think even a radio cast from Coquitlam last night. Nothing from Hearts we're assuming then?

cheers,

matthew

Archived