Lynx Release Titus

Jarrek

WTF ? :D

TITUS RELEASED

After spending less than a week with the Lynx organization it has been mutually agreed that midfielder, Rick Titus, will be released from the Club. “We are disappointed that it didn’t work out better with Rick,” commented Lynx Head Coach, Duncan Wilde. “We felt that an experienced player with Rick’s ability would compliment what we have built so far this season. After reviewing his time with the Lynx, it is in the best interest of the team to continue with the nucleus that we have in place”. Titus’ place in Vancouver this weekend could be taken by veteran midfielder, Shawn Faria. Faria, who has been out of action since the season opener due to injury has been training pain free this week and will take a fitness test tomorrow with Lynx Medical Coordinator, Dr. Robert Gringmuth of Sports Centre to determine his availability for Friday’s match.

I think that these racist Canadian teams don't like black players with an opinion.

His first choice was coming to Vancouver and Vancouver toldhim he wouldn't fit in with their chemistry (what chemistry) without even giving him a chance. Seems like the teamsgot together and decided to blackball him.

Guest Jeffery S.

In the end I hope this business about his character is not a factor. Because if it is it speaks badly of our coaches and team structures. Was his character a problem at Colorado, or at Charleston last year? Don't know, but I do know he was played, and last year with results (A-League championship). This is kind of the same argument I tried to make about Aguiar, in the end there will always be strong willed players and the coaches have to be mature too, not running things like school masters. If they understand that there is a mix and not everyone has to be buddies (which is never the case even on the winningest teams), that the important thing is how they work on the field, then such players are an asset as they bring balls, a bit of rage, a bit of irrationalsim onto a team. Which is not a test sight for production process management schemes. As Confucius said, "Do not try to find all virtues in one sole person".

Enough preaching. I like Titus for what he has contributed here and his love for Canada. We all know he was so dedicated to the franchise in Edmonton, there is even evidence he had a small hand in them getting it. I wonder if he was offered another season at Blackbaud and turned it down for them. Maybe it is time to go the way of all men of his stripe: Sweden!

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

I think that these racist Canadian teams don't like black players with an opinion.

I don't think teams like anyone with an opinion, players, media, fans. Unless of course it agree's with theirs.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Not to preach, but if you're going to make an accusation as strong as that, you'd better be able to back it up...

Why? As it says in my post "I think..."

Is it illegal to think or have an opinion in Canada now?

I'll go on thinking anything I want regardless of whether I can back it up or not.

Haterz!

This stuff about racism is a bunch of bull. Coaches have the final say about what players they want and that is final. If he was such a great player and a great locker room guy explain why he has moved from team to team. He's proven to be a winner, but remember he's getting older and it looks like coaches aren't willing to put up with his **** anymore. He's clearly not as dominating as he may have been so it's not worth having him around.

Oh yeah, by the way take a look at the won-lost records of the two teams that have released Titus. The only winless team in the league and the 4-1-7 Lynx (and two of those wins against Puerto Rico). Perhaps those coaches should try to put up with players who they don't get along with.

Krammerhead I can correct you on something here. The Lynx has won 3 games against PR and one against Rochester. That doesn't say much for a team like the Lynx (even though we can see PR did improve a bit after they brought in some new faces). And now for the Lynx to get a draw against MTL in MTL showed that Titus' presence on the team brought some stability to the team's play (at least I would think so). None the less, I'm sorry to know they've released him. The question now is this............who will be next to leave/be released and how will it affect the Lynx for the rest of the season?

quote:Originally posted by soccerottawa

Krammerhead I can correct you on something here. The Lynx has won 3 games against PR and one against Rochester. That doesn't say much for a team like the Lynx (even though we can see PR did improve a bit after they brought in some new faces). And now for the Lynx to get a draw against MTL in MTL showed that Titus' presence on the team brought some stability to the team's play (at least I would think so). None the less, I'm sorry to know they've released him. The question now is this............who will be next to leave/be released and how will it affect the Lynx for the rest of the season?

Right, I forgot, the Lynx first game of the season was in Puerto Rico. Anyway they could have at least released him after the game in Vancouver. Regardless, I guess my point is that I keep hearing how these coaches have the final say, blah blah blah, yet these coaches haven't shown they have what it takes to coach either (okay maybe Duncan Wilde is able to coach a bit (don't want Sean Keay to blow a gasket)! But Ongaro in Edmonton hasn't shown he's been able to coach (perhaps they need to play on wooden floor in a gymnasium in order for his coaching talent to come out).

As for the racism quote, I was sure somebody would have known a deliberate windup when they saw it!

Ug.

That's not going to look good on the resume.

Released by Edmonton and Toronto in the same season.

I don't think Titus said a hell of a lot that wasn't an open secret already when he left Edmonton, he just spelled it out in bold black and white (had to put that in there now, didn't I). That being said though, if you're known for opening your gab, that's part of the baggage you bring with you. Same as if you're known to have a dodgy knee, or fondness for drink, or an eye for the ladys. Would seem the positives of Mr. Titus' contributions were unable to out-weigh the negatives in Lynxland.

Either that or he could make more money working a Home Depot.

Whichever.

LOL k-man i agree with you on the situation, Titus should be on the lynx still... duncan didnt do the right thing here. He is a solid player and could of helped in the back. Titus and Joey M in the back would be alot better then "Papa's Boy" Steele and Joe any day.

Well, for atleast 1 week i thought the lynx were trying to do somthing positive.. maybe a start?

NAHHHH

Seems to me that he is given a bad rap before he does anything. Here's a part of a post on the Vancouver board"

Rasta: " Rick did come to Vancouver, was interested in re-joining the roster.

However, one of the folks in the Caps management you folks have been calling for dismisal on this discussion board stated something to the effect of "Rick is to high maintanence" and so he was not signed."

Archived