Aug 18th and Sept 4th??

terry7m

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Let's face it, it's time they played in Vancouver. 1997 is a long time. That being said I hope they switch up the venues so that the game gets exposure coast to coast. Kingston and the Voyageurs that travelled to the games did a great job, hopefully Vancouver and Edmonton can show the same support.

Edmonton has shown the best support in Canada, so I've got no problem if we play Honduras and Costa Rica at Commonwealth. Expect plenty of Tico fans wherever we play them.

quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

I can recall seeing Billy Bragg interviewed on Much Music talking about soccer and scoffing at how Canada had been beaten out by 'world soccer power' Guatemala. The VJ (can't recall, but I think it was Steve Anthony) didn't seem all that concerned. But I was choked; that loss still bugs me (and most of the old-timers on this board I'm sure). It was supposed to be a gimmee. None of our games will be gimmees from here on in.

Blair

I remember that as well - don't think it was Steve Anthony, but I couldn't say for sure. I am still ticked off about both incidents (the Guatemala match & the Billy Bragg incident) and I hope we pummel them both in Vancouver in August.

quote:Originally posted by Joe Concacaf

No, that was El Salvador that Pesch got sent off against.

This is going to be payback for 1988.

Hey you're right. I stand corrected...

Do it for Carl Valentine, John Catliff, Dominic Mobilio, etc. al.

Was Yallop there?

Archived