Old Hibs.net Article (Attn Sean and Ryan, Blair)

Jarrek

I think what one misses most are those Aussie Cheese fries.

Now that you've replied to the article, I have another question to ask you. It's your second "dress code" violation. At the Norway - Canada game at Centennial a couple of years back everyone was wearing red while you decided to wear a "Yellow" Ultras jersey ... tsk tsk ... had to point that out :D

That's impossible Jarrek. For you see... I DON'T HAVE A YELLOW ULTRAS JERSEY!

tsk...tsk...tsk indeed.

I also don't appreciate having my game-day apparell accosted by a man who shows up to Lynx games looking like David Hasslehoff. Weak wrists, Jarrek, make for weak attire - and you are the weakest of them all! AHA!

I think that's the game when the Scottish fans came over and started chanting "Airdrie Reject" at Niall Thompson, then of the Impact. Certainly it is a game from the 2001 season at the Duke of York, Modster's in the photo and Blair's friend whose name escapes me.

You missed the worst offence though, Jarrek. Second game against Belize he comes wearing not a Canadian jersey but a t-shirt with an American flag on it. Disgraceful! The rest of the Voyageurs almost through him over the stands for that one! JayWay repent and mend your evil ways!

G-L, your memory should be put to use by CSIS or something. The fellow in the back in the picture is my buddy, Ray. I think that he and Dom went on a serious bender that night.

But that shot does bring back good memories; The Duke, Modster, Varsity Stadium, a three minute walk to the pub from the stadium, a 15 minute walk to the stadium from my apartment, Aussie Cheese fries, a polite young Sean Keay with his natural hair colour.

And I'm sure that's a light beer in my hand, as I would've been deep into my marathon training at that point. Mine's full, Dom's is empty; so I don't know if I'm on my first or second.

Blair

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I think that's the game when the Scottish fans came over and started chanting "Airdrie Reject" at Niall Thompson, then of the Impact. Certainly it is a game from the 2001 season at the Duke of York, Modster's in the photo and Blair's friend whose name escapes me.

quote:You missed the worst offence though, Jarrek. Second game against Belize he comes wearing not a Canadian jersey but a t-shirt with an American flag on it. Disgraceful! The rest of the Voyageurs almost through him over the stands for that one! JayWay repent and mend your evil ways!

Actually, no I didn't: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3462

Shame on you JayWay, ya Yankee!!! :D Who's the dude in the Green shirt though? I didn't know Green was a colour in the Canadian Flag ;) I know I know ... Stalteri's colours ...

Kingston.jpg

It may not be a national team jersey but at least it is not the flag of another CONCACAF rival. I wouldn't even wear an American t-shirt to a monster truck rally let alone a Canadian soccer game. I gave my Canada jersey to a Russian girl last summer and have been saving up for my coming trip there but will buy one as soon as I get back and before the next game I attend. Actually only the scarf is Werder Bremen, the jersey is Sachsen Leipzig although the colours are similar. Stalteri will actually be playing in a friendly against Sachsen Leipzig in August as they are having a four team tournament to officially open the Leipzig World Cup Stadium.

An explanation:

Upon being picked up by Marc, I went to quickly fetch my Canajun jersey, only to find out it was in the wash. Hence with little time, I grabbed the first shirt that I saw; that's where the Yank shirt comes in. Realizing the error of my ways, I also made sure to grab my Toronto Lynx track jacket - this to cover up any incriminating evidence. Unfortunately my role in jumping up and down like a complete lunatic and leading the group in chants (as always) meant that I had a choice: either die from heat exhaustion with the jacket on, or die from embarassment with the jacket off and the Yank flag in full view.

I opted for death by embarrassement.

However, I suppose my excuse doesn't hold a candle to yours. If only we all had the opportunity to trade our jerseys for sexual favours. ;)

I can't think of any better or more honourable use for a Canadian jersey [:P]! Still although your explanation may be understandable, why do you have an American shirt anyway (maybe this is the start of the Canadian Inquisition or at least our version of McCarthyism)?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by JayWay

My parents are Jewish = They spend a lot of time in Florida = I have a shirt with the American flag on it.

My parents used to spend a lot of time in Hawaii but they brought me back a t-shirt with an elephant smoking grass on it, and another from Bob Marley's last concert there.

I was convinced there was some slight to the Yanks on that shirt which is why I was sure it was a great pick. How disappointing.

I really appreciate being able to put faces on names guys. Hey, where can you get a shirt like the one Pesch is wearing in Tyler's airport shot? My dad lives in London Ont and my mom in Vancouver. Any tips?

Archived